Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leostar85wi Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2005, 05:03 PM
    Has it been too long?
    I'm 19 years old and I dropped out of school in the 9th grade. I was currently 17 then because I was behind. How can I get all of it back by going back to school? Do you think it's too late?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2005, 09:06 PM
    NO, absolutely not! Easy? NO, absolutely not! Possible? Yes. Done by others? Yes. For a while I was teaching math in a community college. Many of my students had dropped out of high school. Some of them were 40, working crummy jobs, and caring for children. The one course started with addition and subtraction. It was a real struggle for many of them. Learning math at any time and any level takes time and work. There are better jobs out there if you pick up your GED and maybe an associate degree. Go for it. It will be that much tougher in 10 years.
    Dr_Calculus Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2005, 09:20 PM
    No way!
    I can't say that I've been in your position because I'm still a high school student. However, I know that you should never, ever admit defeat. I take calculus, and EVERY time I hit a bump, there is NO way that I would give in and run off to ask for help. I look for virtually EVERY way I can to find a way out. Sometimes it takes forever, but it is a very satisfying and rewarding procedure. If you have the urge to go back to school, 19 isn't too late. After all, it's a start. See, you have to WANT to go to school and do well in order to actually do it. It doesn't matter how much your parent/guardian(s) push you, for you must push yourself in the very end.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've been searching for so long [ 3 Answers ]

There's this movie I saw about 11 years ago or even more.didnt see it to the end because of power outage, but all I remember was that due to a gas leakage,the people in the affected area slept for hours.it was later discovered that the women who were affected, got pregnant& gave birth to similarly...

How long does it take? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been in the divorce process now for over 2 1/2 years. I feel let down by my attorney as he has allowed both my ex-wife and her attorney to complete pregnancies during this process. Even though I agreed to a settlement last July we are still no further ahead. Do I have a legitimate gripe...

How long until I get evicted [ 2 Answers ]

For the last 3 years I have lived and paid for the house I'm living in, the house is in my dad's name (he has never paid a dime for anything on the house), this last week we have had a falling out, he demands that I get the house out of his name or move within 30 days. My problem with putting the...

View more questions Search