Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Justwant2know Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2014, 12:18 PM
    Do I have to prove a disability to my employer
    If someone get a bad preformance review and then claims they have a disability but never reported it to HR during the time of the performance review, can they still claim they have a disability, that is why their performance suffered. Shouldn't it have been documented during the same calendar year as the review period?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2014, 12:32 PM
    Really the disability has no real value. Even when notified, the employer only has to make accommodation if it is cost effective But you have the obligation to notify them.

A good company may consider, but if the disability is so minor, the work place can not notice it,?

But the worker can talk to HR about it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 8, 2014, 01:21 PM
    If you want to use the disability as an excuse for bad performance or to get some sort of accommodation from your employer, of course you would have to prove it.

The employee should have reported the issue as soon as it started to affect performance. Not doing so means the employer does not have to consider the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have to prove my disability to my employer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a note from my doctor stating I need to work from home 5 days a week. I was hired under the American's with Disabilities Act and receive a Disability check from the VA every month. Now my manager is asking for more medical documentation at "back up" the note from the doctor and is requesting...

Is it illegal for my employer to tell someone that I receive a disability check [ 3 Answers ]

Is it illegal for my employer to disclose to a customer that I receive social security benefits for a disability?

Can my old employer can tell my new emplyer find out that I was on disability and leo [ 2 Answers ]

I was let go on good behaviour from my teaching job because I was out too long, Can my old employer tell my disability to my new employer

Can potential employer find out about past job and disability? [ 1 Answers ]

I worked for a company from 9/07-11/07 then went on disability. I am still employed there, however, do not plan on going back due to my disability (since 12/07)and since have moved away. I am still disabled, but need to find another job ASAP as my disability ran out. My question is: I want...

Can potential employer find out about disability and current/past job? [ 1 Answers ]

I worked for a company from 9/07-12/07 then went on disability. I am still employed there, however, do not plan on going back due to my disability and since have moved away. I am still disabled, but need to find another job ASAP as my disability ran out. My question is: I want to apply for a...

View more questions Search