Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2021, 03:47 PM
    FLASH - McConnell Bails on Trump
    Senator Mitch McConnell, the Republican leader, has told associates that he believes President Trump committed impeachable offenses and that he is pleased that Democrats are moving to impeach him.

The House is voting on Wednesday to formally charge Trump with inciting violence against the country.

At the same time, Representative Kevin McCarthy of California, the minority leader and one of Trump’s most steadfast allies in Congress, is considering whether he should call on Trump to resign.

All that's left for McConnell is to reconvene the Senate for the trial. Dem Senator Schumer has already called for that. Both are needed.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2021, 04:08 PM
    Rats deserting a sinking ship, why didn't this happen immediately?
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2021, 04:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Rats deserting a sinking ship, why didn't this happen immediately?
    You answered your own question - McConnell and McCarthy are rats! Disgraces to the Irish, both.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2021, 06:39 PM
    The turtle is mad that Trump's antics cost the Repubs the Senate . He's also one of those brave airline passengers who fly with their seatbelts on and then bravely removed them when the plane is safely on the tarmac taxiing to the terminal but not yet at a complete stop .

The turtle did not mind riding Trump's coattails . While Trump ranted against the swamp critters ,he made a calculation to have an alliance with Mitch . Mitch benefitted from it with majorities in 2016 and 2018.
    He sees this as a great excuse not just to get rid of Trump ;but also "Trumpism" from the establishment RINO party . In that he and the other swamp critters from the other side of the aisle are in alliance
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 12, 2021, 09:17 PM
    That's the way the pendulum swings when pols have used each other up. Now for the tough votes the people can judge and decide who goes, and who stays.
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2021, 06:10 AM
    That's the way the pendulum swings when pols have used each other up.
    Just wait until you see the Dem factions devouring each other . The Squad is lurking just waiting for their chance to cancel Madam Mim
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2021, 01:59 PM
    remarkably resilient Madame Mim
    Expert

Jan 14, 2021, 08:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Just wait until you see the Dem factions devouring each other . The Squad is lurking just waiting for their chance to cancel Madam Mim
    Nice try but repubs are the ones going through the identity crisis. Most are still scared witless of reprisals for bucking the dufus sycophants. 2022 is closer than you think.
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2021, 08:54 AM
    Nice try but repubs are the ones going through the identity crisis
    Only because the lefties are united against a common enemy ... Trump. But that ends Jan 20 and then the Squad et al will start demanding returns on their Faustian bargain of backing Quid .
    Expert

Jan 14, 2021, 09:52 AM
    The dufus pushback will go far beyond the inauguration. Aiders and abettors beware.
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2021, 10:23 AM
    yeah I know .. that Stalinist purge awaits .
    Expert

Jan 14, 2021, 12:02 PM
    It may be well justified in this case. You at least have to look at it closely and not just dismiss it as Stalinesque.
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2021, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    But that ends Jan 20 and then the Squad et al will start demanding returns on their Faustian bargain of backing Quid .
    Absolutely amazing that a Republican supporter can talk about a Faustian bargain! Chutzpah personified.
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2021, 10:41 PM
    Yes well Joe was a faustian bargain
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2021, 06:31 AM

1. talaniman Posts: 54,297, Reputation: 10853
      Expert
      #10 Report

Yesterday, 11:52 AM
      The dufus pushback will go far beyond the inauguration. Aiders and abettors beware.

tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 342
      Ultra Member
      #11 Report

Yesterday, 12:23 PM
      yeah I know .. that Stalinist purge awaits .

talaniman Posts: 54,297, Reputation: 10853
      Expert
      #12 Report

Yesterday, 02:02 PM
      It may be well justified in this case. You at least have to look at it closely and not just dismiss it as Stalinesque.

nope it has been the left's dream to control thought and to criminalize thought they disagree with . It does not surprise me that it has come down to not only going after Trump ,but also after all involved . What are you planning ? Nuremburg ? Maoist reeducation camps for 72 million ?
    Expert

Jan 15, 2021, 07:54 AM
    A bit over the top there Tom but the plan seems to be investigate the FACTS as has been done after every disaster we have faced and mitigate our losses. A challenge for sure given the right is still hollering foul over masks, money, elections and NO GUNS on the House floor.

I think the real priority is vaccinate our way out of this covid recession myself, as we figure out what to do about our politics.
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2021, 03:05 PM
    you fellows love a good investigation. Investigate Hilliary, investigate Trump, when will the next witchhunt begin?
    Expert

Jan 15, 2021, 04:09 PM
    Plenty of witches and beetches to investigate. We might even get good at it. Then we can teach you guys the fine points.
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2021, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Plenty of witches and beetches to investigate. We might even get good at it. Then we can teach you guys the fine points.
    We don't need the fine points, we have a simple way of getting rid of unwanted leaders and politicians and our inquiries are to die for. You see you announce an inquiry and the subject has to stand down while it is conducted, a millstone and usually an end to the career
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2021, 05:35 PM
    The turtle got Mitch slapped . He was counting on a big wave of RINOs to stand by him. Turns out there were a total of 10 in the House. That is why he changed his mind about fast tracking the trial .Now he is not in any hurry and is punting it to the Schmuckster .

The leader of the RINO revolt in the House ;Lynn Cheney now is facing being ousted from her prestigious leadership position in the GOP conference . All it would take is 20% of the Repub members signing a petition to bring her ouster to a vote .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

If someone is on probation and bails out of jail, can their PO arrest him? [ 1 Answers ]

MY husband is on probation. I bailed him out. Can his probation officer have him arrested for violating his probation? (Oregon)

Girlfriend of 1 year (Long Distance Relationship) Bails on Visit [ 8 Answers ]

I will try to sum this up as short and quickly as possible. My girlfriend and I have been going out for 1 year. We are in a long distance relationship. I live in Boston and she lives in San Francisco. We are both 17. She went to my school last year and we dated for 3 months before she moved. There...

Roommate not on lease bails on utilities and deposit [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I live in a house with 3 other girls and recently another girl moved in. the 4 of us who had already moved in before her split the security deposit for which her portion was about $900. She wasn't put on the lease but since we all knew each other, we decided that it would be okay if she...

Roommate bails on Lease [ 2 Answers ]

I am wondering what legal action can be taken against a roommate who has bailed on the lease. Both names are on the lease and I do not want to have bad credit as a result of their stupidity. I am wondering if there is any way I can legally get the money out of them to help cancel the lease. At the...

View more questions Search