Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coneighvictoria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2012, 05:21 PM
    How can I make my ex fall back in love with me?
    Me and my ex broke up because he went off to college and wanted to "find himself." After about a month he told me he missed me so we tried working on it. It was going great for about 2 weeks. That's when he called me and told me he didn't have feelings for me. I mean, we are still super close, and I'm grateful that he is still in my life, but I'm so broken. It feels only right with him. I don't want to force him into anything and trap him, so I guess I just want to know how to make him fall back in love with me. And please don't tell me something like "Move on and find someone else blahblahblahblah." because that wasn't the question. Just please answer what I asked. Please and thank you (:
    leeleechanda Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Nov 11, 2012, 06:08 PM
    I don't want to sound like I am a b****, but sometimes I find that playing "hard to get" works.
    Don't act uninterested, but always be preoccupied with something.
    How often do you see or talk to each other? That can also be a factor. If you are too "available" for him, he might lose interest.
    I sometimes do it with my partner. If I am too available for him, I find that he starts to appear uninterested. So I make myself busy, and unavailable, and he is always interested.
    Hope my little piece of advice helps!

Good luck.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 11, 2012, 06:20 PM
    You can't make someone do something they don't want to do.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2012, 07:25 PM
    There are a lot of reasons relationships end and falling out of love is often not the reason. Distance is really tough, particularly when one of you leave for college. It's really, really hard to get the full experience of college when you have a girlfriend or boyfriend back home. Your boyfriend is probably realizing that the situation is not one that he wants to continue, regardless of his feelings for you. He is young and wants to fully experience college.

People change a lot, too, when they go off on their own to school. It's a rare opportunity in life to start over. Nobody knows you, and you have a new chance to define yourself as an adult. Many people outgrow who they used to be, and in that process, what they need from others changes too. You can't stop him from doing this.

If you're meant to get back together, you will. Otherwise you will meet someone else who is a better fit, for example, when you go off to college yourself (or whatever you plan to do after high school). Whether you want to hear it or not, you do have to move on because he broke up with you. You must respect his wishes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I make my girlfriend fall in love again [ 5 Answers ]

I have been with my girlfriend 3&1/2 years and we have had great fun and wonderful memories together. 6 months ago she move to uni an hour away and we see each other every 2 weeks. Do to the way terms worked out, this time we left it 3 and in the last week I had a feeling something was wrong. When...

How can you make Your Man fall in love again like he used to? [ 10 Answers ]

How can you make Your Man fall in love again like he used to? I have been with him for years and he tell me he don't know what he wants but he wants us to try, I feel like how can you want to try if you don't know what you want! MY HEART IS BREAKING... CAN YOU HELP?:confused:

Five thing to do to make your man fall in love with you [ 3 Answers ]

Five ways to maka your man love you

How can I make him fall in love with me? [ 4 Answers ]

Something is happening between me and him for 4 months now.. Neither me nor him ever said something about being together or anything like this. I guess his problem is that he has a lot of reading (study medicine) and he might not have a lot of time for me but recently he tried to make a...

How do I make my husband fall in love with me again [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have been together for 8 years. We've only been married going on 2 years, I'm 23 and he's 26. We also have a 2 1/2 year old boy. For the past a little over 2 years we have been addicted to drugs, mainly pain pills. Right now we are not living together but talk everyday and see each...

View more questions Search