Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GGreed Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2010, 10:14 PM
    Fallen for a girl that has a boyfriend.. Can't let her go..
    Hi guys.. I need some major advice. I've asked all my friends about this but I still can't decide what to do. I've fallen for this girl, she's taken at the moment, and I told her how I felt about her. I told her that part of me wants to be with her, but the other part of me doesn't want her to mess up her current relationship because I want to see her happy. But entirely, I want to be with her! I don't know what to do from here. We talk a lot at school and texting and online sometimes. She gives me lots of compliments too. What do you guys think I should do. I'm being honest though, it would be extremely hard for me to 'just be friends'...
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2010, 10:28 PM

You leave her alone if you can't just be friends and stop the texting etc.

If she does become available later on then let her heal first before you even attempt to become involved with her , you don't want to end up being her Rebound.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Apr 8, 2010, 10:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GGreed View Post
    Hi guys..i need some major advice. I've asked all my friends about this but i still can't decide what to do. I've fallen for this girl, shes taken at the moment, and i told her how i felt about her. I told her that part of me wants to be with her, but the other part of me doesn't want her to mess up her current relationship because i want to see her happy. But entirely, I want to be with her! I don't know what to do from here. We talk alot at school and texting and online sometimes. She gives me lots of compliments too. What do you guys think I should do. I'm being honest though, it would be extremely hard for me to 'just be friends'...
    Hello,

Listen to that other part of you that knows she is taken...

I understand that you have strong feelings for her, however, she is taken! I think that you should leave her alone.

Put yourself in her boyfriends position for just a second, I am willing to bet that you wouldn't like it if some guy was trying to pursue YOUR girlfriend, would you?

Please be smart about this.
    factorygirl Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Apr 8, 2010, 10:50 PM

Leave her be. I know it's hard and it's a very tuff pill to swallow when you truly care for someone. But it's better off not to meddle in her relationship with this other person. Back off.. let it be and in time maybe things will change... if it's meant to be.. it will happen and if not. I promise you will find someone else that you really care for.
    GGreed Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2010, 04:33 AM
    Thanks for the advice so far. Right now were just good friends, but honestly, I can't stop thinking about her. I'm just going to keep waiting and lay off the talking for a little while. Thing is I see her everyday except for weekends. And on weekends, she talks to me first, it would be rude not to respond.
    Newguy2009 Posts: 183, Reputation: 57

Apr 9, 2010, 06:02 AM

Read this:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dating...ip-463250.html
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 9, 2010, 10:03 AM

You are so close, and are so carried away by your feelings, you have things way out of perspective, and need some other things to balance your life, besides thinking of her. While its normal to be attracted to a female friend, its not healthy to get carried away, and pursue romance, when its friends.

If you can't just be a friend, then its not rude to be busy, and unavailable while you get your act together.

That's more acceptable to being a complete fool, for someone else's girl. I am sure you don't want that.
    Newguy2009 Posts: 183, Reputation: 57

Apr 9, 2010, 11:14 AM

HAHAHA I Wish! I beat you to it. I was waiting for you to say something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fallen for best friend, she has boyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I know there are loads of questions about similar questions, but I thought I'd ask because its driving me slightly crazy. I've know this girl for about 2 years now. She's had a boyfriend for about the same time. She's never cheated on anyone and is really trustworthy. I've always looked at...

Fallen for this girl and now I'm stuck both afraid and confused [ 1 Answers ]

There's a girl I have fallen head over heels for. I met her when my best friend liked her, then she was in all my classes and I started to like her then she went back to her very creepy and unstable ex-bf, then she turned me down, then we became close friends, then she dumped her ex then seemed...

Fallen for girl -- but he likes her too [ 5 Answers ]

Hello there, I need some advice about a situation that has risen recently. I work in an office with a small team, girls and guys, and we all went out for a social event recently, so I decided to bring some friends along to add to the numbers. A friend of mine saw a colleague of mine, and has...

Have fallen and kissing a girl that has a boyfriend! [ 6 Answers ]

Hey all!! Here is the story... I have been kissing this girl that I really like for a couple of months. My home town is close to hers but she works and lives about 200 miles away, she also has a boyfriend with about 9 months. This beautiful girl only comes home every second weekend and I have...

Fallen for a girl [ 11 Answers ]

I have known this girl in the grade below me for about 1 year now and have always really fancyed her. The problem is that she has always seamed to have a boy friend and they always seam to be the wrong kind of guy =/, I have always found her to be really nice and not the kind of girl you might be...

View more questions Search