Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ccgherdoc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 08:03 PM
    Is it wrong for me not to trust him, or do I just not trust because of my ex?
    Ok so I'm not sure if I am just being paranoid, or if I'm right.

My ex guy(Tony) was seemingly wonderful to me and I had no idea that he was a habitual cheater until after we broke up.

This guy (Jason) has a lot in common with my ex, in that he is in the army and shared some exes with him. Jason said he doesn't like Tony. We all went to the same high school, which is when they dated the same people, so I figured that doesn't matter, but I don't know. Tony had sworn to me he had never cheated before, but jason admitted he has cheated twice because they cheated on him first. Jason said that he is kind of a flirt and I call him out on it when it bothers me, and he says he likes that I keep him in line because his past girlfriends had been too scared to. He told me he had slept with less people than he actually did, but he came clean about it later and he said it was because he didn't want me to think less of him. He told me he wrote a letter for me when he didn't, and he said it was because he didn't know what to say. Other than that he has given me no reason not to trust him. Jason seems to be more normal than Tony as far as cheating goes because Tony had all the signs of being a habitual cheater looking back. Jason seems to care about me in a more realistic way than Tony, but I was duped before, so who is to say that I won't be again? I had issues with trust before tony because of other things that have happened in my life. I really do like Jason, but I don't know how to get over this anti-trust thing. I want to trust him, but I don't know how. Any advice?
    SirPeter Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2009, 08:39 PM
    Hello ccgherdoc,

I've had the feelings of distrust myself and they are quite awfull. Honestly, sit Jason down and ask if him honestly if he's cheating or has any intention of doing so. If he replies yes then break up and go through the sorrow, If not takes his word for it and get on with your life, work at your career or studys very hard try to be the best you can. If later Jason turns out to be not what he says then part ways though I can't say if he will or not.

Take his word on it and forget about being cheated on and be happy with your relationship and love each other!

Good luck and report back if any further information comes about

Peter
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 8, 2009, 08:52 AM

Leave them both alone and find someone you CAN trust. Right now I don't see a benefit for you to go from one friend to another, when you have doubts about both.

Better to be single, and see your other options, and opportunities to be happy, and enjoying your life.
    ibrown Posts: 61, Reputation: 3

Apr 1, 2009, 08:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Leave them both alone and find someone you CAN trust. Right now I don't see a benefit for you to go from one friend to another, when you have doubts about both.

Better to be single, and see your other options, and opportunities to be happy, and enjoying your life.
    I agree... you need a new start because by them being friends you will always have the thought in your head!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To trust or not [ 9 Answers ]

OK let me start in the beginning, he has chatted with other women in the pass, talk to them on the phone, so he has lost my trust. For 5 years now I can not trust him, but I want too. He told me over the weekend either get over my jealousy and trust him or he is gone. OK last week he meet a...

Can I trust her? Or just let go. [ 30 Answers ]

I would just like to say thank you for reading if you do. Well, I've been with this girl for about two weeks now, but I keep wondering about if her age will become a problem. We are in a long distance relationship but we talk every second of the day. She says that she loves me more than...

Is it wrong for me to not trust my ex-boyfriend with our daughter? [ 3 Answers ]

I have custody of our daughter (she lives with me), and my ex-boyfriend (her father) has in the past talked about killing himself, and the ways he could do it, he's also broken things that he owns (such as his digital camera) out of anger... should I get a lawyer? I do not trust him alone with her,...

Why should I trust ? [ 3 Answers ]

Why is the man who invests all your money called a 'broker'?

Revocable Trust (Grantor) Trust w/3rd party trustee [ 2 Answers ]

It was my understanding that if a grantor set up a revocable trust and a third party (let's say a bank) was named as trustee, the trustee was required to file a Form 1041. I am unable to locate any IRC or other guidance that would confirm or deny this. Please help. Thank you. Diana

View more questions Search