Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lady_rose Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Oct 28, 2008, 09:29 AM
    To trust or not
    OK let me start in the beginning, he has chatted with other women in the pass, talk to them on the phone, so he has lost my trust. For 5 years now I can not trust him, but I want too. He told me over the weekend either get over my jealousy and trust him or he is gone. OK last week he meet a lady friend and they have been talking on the phone every day. This drives me crazy, he says she is just a friend and there are NO romance going on. SO I want to trust and I know that it is tearing us apart.

So HOW do I trust again to someone that lost my trust?

Lady_rose
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 09:32 AM

I don't see how chatting with other women is a problem? I would have been gone long ago if my fiancée told me to stop talking to all my female friends. If nothing is going on, then what's the whole deal? I can understand if he cheated on you before, then distrust should be there but to tell him he can't talk to any females, that's childish. There are billions of people in the world, some men and some female. Do you talk to no guys at all? Or do you have a few guy friends?
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 09:35 AM

Why does he have all these lady friends? I wouldn't trust him either. Have you guys gone to counseling at all? Sometimes it takes someone on the outside to get the point across to your boyfriend. Maybe he needs a second opinion that talking to other girls all the time when you're in a relationship isn't a good idea.

A few questions though, have you met any of these girls? How does he know them? Maybe if he would include you when he talks to them or introduce you to them you would feel more comfortable
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 09:36 AM

Someone explain how it's not okay for a guy to have friends that are female! When we get in a relationship are we supposed to just cut off conversations with the opposite sex or something?
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 09:40 AM

I wasn't saying that at all Romefalls. My husband has friends that are girls and he talks to them online, once in a while on the phone, but I know who they are and they talk to me too. She made it sound like she doesn't know these girls and they talk all the time. Maybe I'm assuming too much but that's just what I got from the first post. I can just see where she's coming from because I dated a guy that talked to girls all the time, every day, I had no idea who they were, he wouldn't tell me and then I found out he was cheating on me.
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 09:42 AM

That's a different story lol. But if they have been friends, then it shouldn't be an issue. I would understand her P.O.V if she specified that he just met these girls. I made a point to introduce my S.O to all my friends, male and female. She is actually going wedding dress shopping this week with one of the female friends.

I think she should talk to him about this and asked to be introduced to his friends, may put her mind at ease a bit.
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 09:49 AM

I totally agree that if they have been friends it shouldn't be an issue. The fact that she said last week he met a lady friend, I thought she was saying that was the first time he met her. That was how I figured that he was just meeting new people and talking to them. I guess we'll have to wait till she gets back on to give us more details.

Oct 28, 2008, 09:54 AM

OK no I haven't meet them, most of them he has meet on the web, he tells me he meet this one at a truck stop, but she lives in the same town we do. Yes he went to visit his first wife a few years ago, he said nothing happen. So I just want to learn to trust him
    Again. He is always sneaky and has a password on his lap top, and yes I do have male friends but we don't talk on the phone for 4 hours at a time. I feel like I am second to his friends.

Oct 28, 2008, 09:59 AM
    More, he says she has a boyfriend, so I ask why not all 4 of us go out to dinner, hasn't happened yet. When I am talking to him , he says someone is calling and he will call me back, but when I call and he is talking to her, he doesn't answer. Am I making too much out of this? I need help I cried all last night. At 1 am I got a pic of our dog, weird why would he send me a pic of our dog at 1 am?? He is a truck driver also. So only home once in awhile.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Its not what you do, as how you do it.

I believe he does things in a very in your face, disrespectful way, and that feeds insecurity, and mistrust.

This is more an issue of abuse, and control, on his part from what I have read, and getting rid of a loser like that, is the best option.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would I be able to trust him again? [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend an I have been dating for two years and well so far its being kind of great =/ like 6 or 8 months ago, I found about him texting this other girl who happened to be one of his ex I guess they ran into each other at the gym and she gave him her #. The text were not just any friendship...

How can I get him to trust me again and want to be with me again? [ 8 Answers ]

OK so this is a long story so please bear with me but I need to explain the situation, I have been going out with my boyfriend for 3 years and engaged for the last year, On saturady night we went to a wedding and was satying with a bunch of people who are suppose to be our closest friends. When...

How Do I get him to Trust me? [ 39 Answers ]

Ok well people.. This is kind of complicated but I hope you could help me... I've been in an on and off relationship with this guy for almost 3 years in Sept. We broke up in June '06 and got back together in Nov'06... While we were broken up I was talking to this guy... I never slept with him or...

This is trust! [ 4 Answers ]

A contestant on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" had reached the final plateau. If she answered the next question correctly, she would win $1,000,000. If she answered incorrectly, she would pocket only the $32,000 milestone money. And as she suspected it would be, the million-dollar...

Revocable Trust (Grantor) Trust w/3rd party trustee [ 2 Answers ]

It was my understanding that if a grantor set up a revocable trust and a third party (let's say a bank) was named as trustee, the trustee was required to file a Form 1041. I am unable to locate any IRC or other guidance that would confirm or deny this. Please help. Thank you. Diana

View more questions Search