Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richard_rv Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2011, 07:54 AM
    Trust issue
    Hey there,
    I've been dating a girl for a month, and recently I asked her out, but the big thing is that she has a really bad trust issue, because she was cheated on in the past she finds it hard to trust me, which I fully understand.

But these mood swings are really starting to bug me, and I said to her I know that she is going to go through these mood swings, and that's something that I will put up with.

But its starting to really bug me , I want to know how to make it so much easier, Thanks
    Richard
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Nov 6, 2011, 08:46 AM
    Well, you're dating a girl with a "really bad trust issue" and only have been dating a month.

As long as you're not giving her any reason to view you as a distrustful person there really is not much you can do. You got some flags here dude... she's has issues, hers not yours and she's the only one who can work towards fixing them. But, hey, this is why we date right? To get to know someone a bit better, mutual , compatibility, etc..

Again, you've only been dating a month... and you're putting up with all kinds of crap?! I suggest you leave this girl alone and let her work on her issues... it sucks but, lots of other girls out there to date and many of them don't have "mood swings".
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 6, 2011, 10:11 AM
    Usually the first few months or so are just a feeling out period, to have fun finding out about each other. That's how you get comfortable. But if she already has issues and ways that bug you, that is something to pay attention to.

I think its easier if you lowered your expectations, and not have notions on how this should be so soon into this. Maybe you may be moving to fast, and missing something you would need to know.

Paying attention and be aware of the adjustments you may have to make would make it easier, and a lot more fun. For whatever reason, consider maybe she is annoyed with you also.

Hard to tell in just a month, but never assume her feelings for you, are the same as the ones you have for her.

Its dating guy, not a life commitment.

Nov 7, 2011, 07:19 AM
    Thanks for your answers guys I really am grateful I'm mean think I am confussed swell because at the beginning of this year I split with a 2 year relationship and we were both virgins but this girl I'm now dating has slept with like 7 or 8 and she says all of them but 2 have been from relationships and she says she has always been cheated and that being the thing with her trust issues and to get it on in the sack I am nervous about it
    Expert

Nov 7, 2011, 04:33 PM
    She is more experienced, which don't sound as if they were all that great at all, than you are, so are you insecure about it? Or are you a bit worried that she will see you as she sees the others before you? Or do you see a sexual encounter as a commitment? I think she does, and I don't see you ready for that.

For sure it will intensify the good feelings of attractions between you, but when the lust fades, the moment of truth will have arrived. Likely one of you will expect more from the other. Good sex, makes the flaws less visible, for a while. But if there is nothing there besides lust, you can bet those flaws, if they annoy you now, will drive you nuts later.

Its easy to get into these things, but so hard to get out. And since you are already annoyed at some of her ways, you better think twice before you bring sex into this equation.

You sound like a good guy, and its better to step back and see what you are getting into before you jump into something that's more complicated than it seems.

Think with the big head guy, because the little head NEVER thinks, it just acts. Fact is I don't think you are all that comfortable with her and should back up, or slow down. I think there is a lot more to her that you don't know but need to.

When a female goes through many, she is looking for the one that stays. I doubt that's you. Not still fairly fresh from a long term relationship. At least slow down and honestly see if this is love, lust, or a training encounter by a more experienced female.

She may just want what she wants because she wants it. What do you expect from this? What do you want from her? You do not know if she deserves your heart, nor knows what to do with it.

Sounds all about lust to me.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2011, 07:01 PM
    You are going to have to put up with it if you want to stay together. Is going to take sometime, if it takes too long maybe some counseling would be a good idea. If she is scarred, only a professional can work on disappearing that wound, either that or A LOT of time. It depends on how long you are willing to wait.

Nov 9, 2011, 06:10 AM
    It's probably abit of both to be honest we haven't had intercourse only foreplay.. Well it might of gone to intercourse if I was able to get an erection but I didn't for some reason , I think I should just take things slowly and see how things go and I have promised myself to take it easy and not rush into the relationship and anything sexaul either , I'd just like a nice girl who likes me for who I am , but I'm going to take this slow and not get to serious just for now , I'm overwhelmed by the answers ! Nice one cheers fella's
    Expert

Nov 9, 2011, 07:00 AM
    Get a check up, just in case. Doctors can be crucial for good sexual health.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trust issue ! [ 10 Answers ]

Hello there. This is my first time on these types of site but need help and advice. Don’t even know if I am at the right place…… Anyway last year I left my wife and we have a child, the reason for leaving her is because I was never loved by her, but anyway that is not the problem. Then I met...

Trust issue running new relationship [ 5 Answers ]

I have had my fair share of crazy relationships, 2 which really messed me up and left me very untrusting to women. I have starte dto believe that there is no such thing as love, that people only get with people because they want something from them, be it companionship, sex, status etc. terrrible...

Trust issue [ 7 Answers ]

A little about myself first, I am 18 and just graduated from high school. I met my current boyfriend at the beginning of January and we started going out on Valentines Day. He treats me how I should be treated and we get along very well, for the most part. The other day I did find out that he asked...

Living trust issue [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I are residents of Florida and also own property in New Jersey. Would a Living Trust cover property in both states, avoiding probate in both?

View more questions Search