Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Relationships (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   I still loe my ex and he tells me he still loves me but does not wanta relationship (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=130202)

• Sep 16, 2007, 01:20 PM
    malone123
    I still loe my ex and he tells me he still loves me but does not wanta relationship
    I dated this guy for 8 months I loved him so much it was a long distance relationship and he broke up with me but also still calls me and tells me he loves me and asks if I miss him ans says he wants to come down and see me but doesn't know how ill react I don't understand that I can't see how someone would want to travel 4 in half hours just to see someone as a friend but its just got me all confused I know I should cut all ties with him but he does still love me or at least that's what he says and he tells me that I am easy to talk to I really am totoally still in love with this guy I really am but I just recently told him that I cannot just be his friend because I want him in a different way and that we would have to quit talking to one another so that I can get over him but he kind of sounded in this voice like he was upset about it but it just doesn't make since to me. I asked him I said you love me but you do not want to be with me and he said I love you but if we were to get back together now it would just tear us further apart that what I don't understand he does long distance towing and he said the guy he working for is wanting him to go to California to pick up a truck and it pays a lot of money but also said he would be gone for 13 days he told me that he is just trying to get his life together that way he can work a normal hours and be able to have time for a relationship so basically he does not have time for a relationship but he wants to come down to see me I just don't understand maybe this is just a classic mind games I don't know but its really hard to move on with your life when someone tells you they still love you I just don't understand any advice would be appreciated.
  • Sep 16, 2007, 01:41 PM
    Ash123
    This is not a relationship, it's sexual convenience for him.

You can do better. If you cut contact he is going to give you a LOT more attention, but I think you can hold out and see if you can find someone better. While you decide, please know that saying less will help you more. Take at least 3 months and look around. He won't forget you. But you may forget him. Be careful with him. It's very possible he has another girl he sees when it's "convenient" there too... Don't be that in your town. Make him WORKKKK.
  • Sep 18, 2007, 03:36 PM
    malone123
    Quote:

Originally Posted by malone123
    I dated this guy for 8 months i loved him so much it was a long distance realtionship and he broke up with me but also still calls me and tells me he loves me and asks if i miss him ans says he wants to come down and see me but doesnt know how ill react i dont understand that i can't see how someone would want to travel 4 in half hours just to see someone as a freind but its just got me all confused i know i should cut all ties with him but he does still love me or at least thats what he says and he tells me that i am easy to talk to i really am totoally still in love with this guy i really am but i just recently told him that i cannot just be his freind because i want him in a different way and that we would have to quit talking to one another so that i can get over him but he kinda sounded in this voice like he was upset about it but it just doesnt make since to me. I asked him i said you love me but you do not wanna be with me and he said i love you but if we were to get back together now it would just tear us further apart that what i dont understand he does long distance towing and he said the guy he working for is wanting him to go to california to pick up a truck and it pays a lot of money but aslo said he would be gone for 13 days he told me that he is just trying to get his life together that way he can work a normal hours and be able to have time for a relationship so basically he does not have time for a relationship but he wants to come down to see me i just dont understand maybe this is just a classic mind games i dont know but its really hard to move on with your life when someone tells you they still love you i just dont understand any advice would be appreciated.

Yeah thanks for the advice your probably right l really do love him but I guess I have to exccept that its not meant to be I wish but that's just wishfull thinking. We have been split for five months already but I just now quit calling him so ill see how that goes I guess