Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Plumbing (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=259)
-   -   Adding a shower to half bath*rough-in question (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=9506)

• Jun 7, 2005, 11:22 AM
    Flickit
    PT... it may be...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PTflyer
    shrug........I guess it's good to go :confused:

Guess I can pour the cement..well...I hope it's ok, anyway.

... a little late but it looks correct in principle except the slope (1/4"/1') seems a little large? Optical thing or is it really falling off rapidly? Is that a cleanout next to it?
  • Jun 7, 2005, 12:00 PM
    PTflyer
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Flickit
    ...a little late but it looks correct in principle except the slope (1/4"/1') seems a little large? Optical thing or is it really falling off rapidly? Is that a cleanout next to it?

Are you talking about what is next to the PVC line in this picture?

If it is,that is the closet flange with a rag stuck in it... not a clean out... and the fernco is tied into the vent... is that correct...

------------------------------------------------------
    Also I do have the pvc with about a 1/4" per foot pitch... too much?. as I can adjust it... I just figured a little more pitch wouldn't hurt but if it does I can change it easy enough... until I cement it in...

I'll await a reply before I do any mixing...
  • Jun 7, 2005, 12:21 PM
    Flickit
    That slope is...
    Quote:

are you talking about what is next to the PVC line in this picture?

if it is,that is the closet flange with a rag stuck in it.....not a clean out...and the fernco is tied into the vent.....is that correct...

------------------------------------------------------
    also I do have the pvc with about a 1/4" per foot pitch........too much?....as I can adjust it ....I jsut figured a little more pitch wouldn't hurt but if it does I can change it easy enough...until I cement it in........

I'll await a reply before I do any mixing.......

Dead-on (1/4"/1'). Looks good to me...
  • Jun 7, 2005, 12:35 PM
    PTflyer
    Excellent... thanks so much for all your help... you guys are the best!.

I feel so much better now covering it up and moving on with this job... I will be sure to post a few pictures once I get the bathroom all finished...

Off to go mix some cement now...
  • Jun 8, 2005, 03:31 PM
    speedball1
    Quote:

excellent.............thanks so much for all your help...you guys are the best!!!.......

I feel so much better now covering it up and moving on with this job............I will be sure to post a few pictures once I get the bathroom all finished.......

off to go mix some cement now.....

Sorry for the delay. My hard drive fried and I'm just getting back on line.
    The shower drain looks to be a little long from the trap to the vent but, overall, it looks good to me. Good luck, Tom