Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Current Events (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   Is this just sour grapes (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=795385)

• Jun 27, 2014, 11:00 PM
    paraclete
    Is this just sour grapes
    or a recognition of lost empire. Hillary thinks we are playing fast and loose, but this is the consequence of writing free trade agreements that benefit yourselves and beggar your neighbour. We arn't some Georgia farm boys looking for a Washington handout and now that your multinationals are packing up and going home, protecting their collective butts, we have news for you, we have been down this road before

Hillary Clinton criticises Australia for two-timing America with China

I would like to remind Hillary that at one time the UK considered Australia a captive market but their interests diverged and we took our business elsewhere.
    I would also remind her that attacking an ally will not get you into the White House. While you were stealing our markets we found ways to compete and out compete. While you were destroying the financial world, we found markets you neglected. You need our bases to shorten your travel time and spread your influence, don't talk yourselves out of a good deal
  • Jun 28, 2014, 02:51 AM
    Catsmine
    (Where'd that sarcasm font go again?) How dare you displease Her Hillaryness!
  • Jun 28, 2014, 03:14 AM
    Tuttyd
    As Elmer Fudd would say, "She don't know us very well.. hrr hrr hrr.
  • Jun 28, 2014, 04:00 AM
    paraclete
    We might exist under the protem governance of a monarch but we accept no pretenders
  • Jun 28, 2014, 06:49 AM
    tomder55
    she aint going to be the Dem nominee. I think they will go even more radical left with someone like Elizabeth Warren .
  • Jun 28, 2014, 06:51 AM
    paraclete
    So you think it's got to be a woman, well she couldn't do any worse than the present contenders
  • Jun 28, 2014, 07:02 AM
    tomder55
    no but Warren is the most visible and ambitious amongst them besides Evita . The Dems rarely give it to the next in line . That was true of the nominations of McGovern ,Carter ,Dukakis ,Clintoon ,and the emperor .
  • Jun 28, 2014, 04:17 PM
    paraclete
    There IS a line?
  • Jun 28, 2014, 04:45 PM
    tomder55
    sorta ; Evita right now is the consensus front runner amongst the chattering class of "experts " . But all of the ones I mentioned came from nowhere to take the nomination. I actually think it's a better way than the Repubics who actually do have a bit of a hierarchy and gave us such stalwarts as Bob Dole , John McCain and Mitt Romney .
  • Jun 28, 2014, 06:35 PM
    paraclete
    So if I get this right you form the line on the right or the left but that sounds like a short line on the right and only one at the head of the line on the left, Not much imagination, but I expect it is because of the money problem, noone young enough can get enough support
  • Jun 28, 2014, 06:54 PM
    tomder55
    huh ? The young and inexperienced emperor cut right in front of the line . So did a relatively young Clintoon (at least he had spent some time as Governor . The emperor stayed in the Senate long enough to find the bathroom...and if Warren runs the same will apply).
  • Jun 28, 2014, 06:56 PM
    paraclete
    well that might be qualification enough
  • Jun 28, 2014, 07:24 PM
    talaniman
    Dems nominate a candidate, repubs select the next guy in line. Let see who was behind Romney? Or is it Romney again? Naw, a winger will take it this time, they've had enough of the establishment.
  • Jun 28, 2014, 11:14 PM
    paraclete
    a winger like Palin?
  • Jun 29, 2014, 01:50 AM
    tomder55
    the people you call 'wingers' did NOT support Romney during the primaries and gave him at best lukewarm support during the general election.
  • Jun 29, 2014, 02:28 AM
    paraclete
    hey it's your term not mine, I see winger as synomous with TP or wingnut which ever fits
  • Jun 29, 2014, 04:54 AM
    tomder55
    my early support is going to Scott Walker . Neither ,a 'winger ' or a ' TP 'or a 'wingnut'. He's a governor who has initiated needed reforms in his state despite crazed over-the- top opposition by his opponents . In doing this he has survived the countless arrows launched against him including recall votes ,baseless charges , slander and libel , frivolous suits, and criminal probes . Demented Dem prosecutors in Wisconsin have been conducting a John Doe probe for the last few years, bottom feeding in an effort to find something....anything with which to try him. In doing this ,they have been assisted by the compliant press which has given him unrelenting negative press ,and have published outright lies and brazen untruths as fact . And still he survived and pressed on implementing his reforms .
  • Jun 29, 2014, 05:54 AM
    paraclete
    so no pressure then
  • Jun 29, 2014, 07:08 AM
    talaniman
    Associated Press

Prosecutors, including Schmitz and Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm, have appealed the matter to the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals. Chisholm is a Democrat, and Schmitz has described himself as a Republican who voted for Walker.

Per usual your facts are selective.
  • Jun 29, 2014, 09:15 AM
    tomder55
    they are appealing as in their original charges were thrown out .