Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Current Events (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   Global warming, the crisis that didn't happen (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=751861)

• Oct 1, 2013, 04:55 AM
    excon
    Hello again,

I'll bet the flat earthers joked about those dumb round earthers too..

I won't try to convince you that science is REAL.. But, I WILL make fun of you.

excon
  • Oct 1, 2013, 04:59 AM
    tomder55
    Pejoratives is the only argument the AGW crowd has left since all the climate models ,crafted with bogus data, have been debunked .
  • Oct 1, 2013, 05:03 AM
    paraclete
    Ex it depends what science you are speaking about, what is real is temperatures are rising and climate is changing, ten thousand years ago the same thing happened and man was not involved. Now we think we have the power to change everything, this is pseudo or voodoo science, I haven't decided which yet but I do know enough about computer modelling to know garbage in, garbage out
  • Oct 1, 2013, 05:28 AM
    smoothy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Ex it depends what science you are speaking about, what is real is temperatures are rising and climate is changing, ten thousand years ago the same thing happened and man was not involved. Now we think we have the power to change everything, this is pseudo or voodoo science, I haven't decided which yet but I do know enough about computer modelling to know garbage in, garbage out

Except average global tempratures have been falling... not rising...

Met office proof that global warming is still 'on pause' as climate summit confirms global temperature has stopped rising | Mail Online
  • Oct 1, 2013, 06:08 AM
    paraclete
    Quote:

Originally Posted by smoothy View Post

The problem here Tom is we are falling for the three card trick, speaking about short term averages and in generalities. We have just passed through the hotest September on record here and yet we have had cooler wetter summers, very confusing. The reality is that in some places temperatures are higher but the oceans have become a heat sink and we don't know where this leads. We should have had an el nino by now but although there might be early indications it hasn't happened. I am a skeptic because I don't believe the modelling, I think it is deeply flawed, but long term studies tell us there is variability and we don't know the dimensions of this
  • Oct 1, 2013, 06:28 AM
    speechlesstx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again,

I'll bet the flat earthers joked about those dumb round earthers too..

I won't try to convince you that science is REAL.. But, I WILL make fun of you.

excon

Ex, the flat earther is you. You keep ignoring the science has shown the alarmism was uncalled for, the computer models were wrong, and the politics trump the science.

It's like all you need to know about Obamacare is the people that wrote it don't want it, the people crying wolf when it comes to AGW are looking for ways to spin the fact that their 'science' was wrong.