Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Credit (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   I need a loan and this company called Wynn and associates has offered it (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=747188)

• May 8, 2013, 06:36 AM
    joypulv
    kelinpa32, a thousand thank yous. Let's hope the person who posted sees it, not to mention countless others in the future.
  • May 8, 2013, 06:40 AM
    kelinpa32
    You're very welcome. I can only hope that I saved even ONE person from getting scammed! I'm a single mom... with a son graduating high school in 3 weeks. With prom, graduation party and deposits for college... I really needed the money. Now, not only did I not get the money, I'm out the last 500 I have!! I'm sick about it, and have been in tears. I just don't know what to do... or if there's even anything I CAN do at this point.
  • May 8, 2013, 07:18 AM
    odinn7
    I'm sorry this happened to you... that's got to hurt. I'm hoping that things go better for you.

I just wanted to point something out... I used to fight scamming years ago and one of the most common things that point to a scam is when they want you to send them the money using Western Union. WU is a useful tool in the right cases but it can also be a terrible thing. All they need to get the money is the number... it doesn't even have to be picked up at the address you send it to. Any WU branch will hand over the money if they have the number. Most of those places don't even check ID so it could be going to anyone.
  • May 9, 2013, 01:08 AM
    xfactr
    Kelinpa32, Can you kindly let us know if you receive your money on Friday? I've been researching this company also. No really liking what I've been reading. Somehow these folks got my phone number and other info from someone else but she wouldn't tell me who. The only place I applied for a loan online was Victoria Funding Solutions, which is where I'm assuming Alba (Wynn & Associates) got my info from. She never spoke of an upfront fee. She did however, mention the terms, similar to yours. $5k, 3 years, at 12% which checks out to be $166.07/ month, which is correct. But I got skeptical with her because she didn't answer my question about her source of my information. I'll check back on you, Friday. In the meantime, if I discover something else about this company, I will let everyone on here know.

Thanks
  • May 9, 2013, 08:13 AM
    odinn7
    Quote:

Originally Posted by xfactr View Post
    Kelinpa32, Can you kindly let us know if you receive your money on Friday? I've been researching this company also. No really liking what I've been reading. Somehow these folks got my phone number and other info from someone else but she wouldn't tell me who. The only place I applied for a loan online was Victoria Funding Solutions, which is where I'm assuming Alba (Wynn & Associates) got my info from. She never spoke of an upfront fee. She did however, mention the terms, similar to yours. $5k, 3 years, at 12% which checks out to be $166.07/ month, which is correct. But I got skeptical with her bcuz she didn't answer my question about her source of my information. I'll check back on you, Friday. In the meantime, if I discover something else about this company, I will let everyone on here know.

Thanks

If you read Kelpina's post, you will see that she says she was scammed... that she is not getting money from them but rather lost money instead.
  • May 9, 2013, 06:07 PM
    kelinpa32
    Update... its now Thursday night... no money! After several calls every day to them... I'm more convinced now that it's a scam!
  • May 10, 2013, 11:16 AM
    kelinpa32
    It's FRIDAY... NO MONEY... shocker! I've reported them to EVERY law enforcement agency and posted their scam on every internet site I could possibly find! Now, they will not even talk to me... wont answer any emails or return my phone calls. Just makes me sick that these people can do this and actually get away with it!
  • May 10, 2013, 12:53 PM
    Alty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kelinpa32 View Post
    It's FRIDAY...NO MONEY...shocker!! I've reported them to EVERY law enforcement agency and posted their scam on every internet site i could possibly find!! Now, they will not even talk to me...wont answer any emails or return my phone calls. Just makes me sick that these people can do this and actually get away with it!

Sadly there are many people like this in the world. I get at least 3 calls a week from scammers, the famous "your computer has a virus, just give me remote access and I'll fix it" scam, and the even more popular "you've won a vacation, just send us $500 and it's yours" scam. At a certain point I decided that if I can't stop the calls, I'll have fun with them, and I do.

I'm so sorry you're out this money, but posting about this has saved others from the same fate. Karma works, they'll get what's coming to them, and hopefully, because of your good deed in sharing your story, you'll get what you deserve as well. Don't lose hope.
  • May 12, 2013, 03:49 PM
    morgan76
    Omg These Jamaican Scammers Are Getting More Creative.. They Have Created A Fake Website N Everything With Fake Testimony From Customers.. I Pray More People Read This Site N Do Not Get Scammed Out Of There Money!
  • May 12, 2013, 03:58 PM
    kelinpa32
    Yep... they're very good at scamming! I read all the documents that they faxed me and they truly seemed Ligit. Unfortunately, before I sent them the money, there was nothing online about them! I think I may have been one of their first victims. After the fact, I found out that they created their website just 3 weeks ago.. even though it says they've been in business since 2002! Sad thing is.. I've reported them to every authority I could and yet they are still there and still scamming people!
  • May 12, 2013, 03:59 PM
    odinn7
    Reporting them will do no good as they are in Jamaica... our laws here don't apply there.
  • May 12, 2013, 04:07 PM
    kelinpa32
    I also reported them to the Jamaican authorities but obviously they will get away with it. Hopefully people will find sites like this before sending them money! My concern now is that they have all my info... drivers license, ss#, bank account!
  • Jan 12, 2014, 07:54 PM
    vwaltbig
    If someone named ivanovich contacts u about a loan he is a scam. He claims to work for paramount financial service