Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Current Events (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   Fox Sports Keeping it classy (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=596190)

• Sep 7, 2011, 09:05 AM
    spitvenom
    Fox Sports Keeping it classy
    Seriously they didn't think this would offend some people.

CU prof: Fox Sports' Pac-12 video 'demeaning' to Asian Americans - Boulder Daily Camera
  • Sep 7, 2011, 09:10 AM
    odinn7
    I couldn't even watch the whole thing, it annoyed me too much. That was ridiculous to even think it would be OK to do something like that.
  • Sep 7, 2011, 09:27 AM
    spitvenom
    Odinn it isn't worth watching the entire thing. But don't worry all the Fox supporters will say we can't take a joke.
  • Sep 7, 2011, 09:33 AM
    NeedKarma
    The whole network is so classy. This is old but someone sent me this:
    Mr Silent on Fox News - YouTube
  • Sep 7, 2011, 10:23 AM
    Stringer
    I agree, the interviewer had a motive and it wasn't funny.
  • Sep 7, 2011, 10:32 AM
    speechlesstx
    That was stupid. I'm sure someone thought it would be funny but it isn't. But, Fox Sports has some of the best sports TV coverage in the business in my opinion. You can't beat Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. I don't care much for anything else the Fox network puts out, but they have some good sports coverage.

Disclaimer because it's unnecessarily necessary these days: The preceding opinion referred strictly to the Fox television network and not the Fox New Network.
  • Sep 7, 2011, 11:17 AM
    spitvenom
    I hate Joe Buck!! You can't be serious. HE IS HORRIBLE. My favorite announcer is Gus Johnson. He loses his mind when something some what exciting happens.

Brandon Stokley winning TD vs. Bengals - YouTube
  • Sep 7, 2011, 11:23 AM
    speechlesstx
    Well, you'll get to listen to him on Fox now, huh?
  • Sep 7, 2011, 11:25 AM
    spitvenom
    YUP!! I hope he does a lot of Eagles games. I am really going to miss him in the NCAA tournaments. And he does Boxing and MMA on Showtime.
  • Sep 7, 2011, 11:33 AM
    speechlesstx
    Yeah, can't wait to him say "Oh my goodness" as Dez scores the winning touchdown not once, but twice against the Iggles this year. :D
  • Sep 7, 2011, 11:36 AM
    spitvenom
    Yeah Good Luck with that. When Nnamdi or DRC are on him he won't even be able to catch a cold.
  • Sep 7, 2011, 11:53 AM
    speechlesstx
    Didn't I notice something last night about you'll probably regret drafting the Iggles DST last night? Why yes I did. :D
  • Sep 7, 2011, 11:56 AM
    spitvenom
    Im not worried about a second tier team. Don't you know we are the "Gold" Standard of the NFL. :rolleyes:
  • Sep 7, 2011, 12:22 PM
    speechlesstx
    I think the Miami Heat were the "gold" standard, too.
  • Sep 7, 2011, 12:40 PM
    spitvenom
    No No The Eagles owner has referred to the way the front office runs the business as the gold standard of the NFL.
  • Sep 7, 2011, 01:45 PM
    speechlesstx
    Ah, so is Lurie planning on putting the office staff on the field, too?
  • Sep 8, 2011, 06:59 AM
    spitvenom
    Yeah no one is a better Middle Line Backer then someone working in HR!!
  • Sep 11, 2011, 04:06 AM
    TUT317
    Quote:

Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    Seriously they didn't think this would offend some people.

CU prof: Fox Sports' Pac-12 video 'demeaning' to Asian Americans - Boulder Daily Camera

Seriously... The rest of the world is interested in the Rugby World Cup.

Rugby is played by a majority of nations, including the USA. The Eagles just went down to Ireland 22-10.

Tut

P.S. The Wallabies... Go you good things!!
  • Sep 11, 2011, 06:45 AM
    paraclete
    Tut you are on a hiding to nothing trying to educate the americans that 95% of the world exists outside of the USA
  • Sep 11, 2011, 12:20 PM
    tomder55
    Rugby... I kind of like the idea of football without helmets. But Rugby hasn't discovered yet how the forward pass has improved the game.