Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Other Member Discussions (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=487)
-   -   Do you read the current events board? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=532084)

• Dec 6, 2010, 06:57 AM
    excon
    Do you read the current events board?
    Hello:

I'm a politics wonk. I THINK saving the world is very important work. My contemporaries think so too, and we have spirited discussions going on all the time. Do they matter to you? Are you influenced by them? Should I find something else to do?

Vote for as many categories as you wish. Your name will remain private.

excon
  • Dec 6, 2010, 07:07 AM
    NeedKarma
    Psst... no one is saving the world on the Current Events board. It's juts a blog to most to air their beliefs.
  • Dec 6, 2010, 07:51 AM
    excon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Psst... no one is saving the world on the Current Events board.

Hello NK:

Well, maybe when eleventy million people answer my pole, you'll think different.

excon
  • Dec 6, 2010, 07:58 AM
    NeedKarma
    "poll" and yes if you get those numbers everything will change!
  • Dec 6, 2010, 10:17 AM
    tickle

I read because I like you
  • Dec 6, 2010, 11:49 AM
    shazamataz

I have ducked in there a few times but most of it is American related articles which don't interest me.
  • Dec 6, 2010, 01:17 PM
    excon

Hello again,

Needlepoint it IS!

excon
  • Dec 7, 2010, 02:50 PM
    Just_Another_Lemming
    Quote:

Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello NK:

Well, maybe when eleventy million people answer my pole, you'll think different.

excon

I know you too well to know this wasn't a typo. For shame. For shame.

How's the needlepoint coming along?
  • Dec 7, 2010, 03:17 PM
    tickle

Exxy, I have absolute faith in your ability to do fantastic needlepoint.

Tick
  • Dec 7, 2010, 03:50 PM
    Stringer

Do Christmas colors Ex... lots of reds and greens are on sale now according to my wife... :eek:
  • Dec 7, 2010, 06:14 PM
    excon

Hello again,

Jeez, saving the world is hard, huh? Specially when people don't believe you. You know I wear a cape and stuff...

excon
  • Dec 8, 2010, 04:27 AM
    QLP

There's enough wrong with English politics to keep me spitting feathers all day without me getting embroiled in yours over the pond. Call me a petty little Brit if you will.

Now tell me more about this cape, and is stuff a noun or a verb here?. ;p
  • Dec 8, 2010, 05:01 AM
    tickle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by QLP View Post
    There's enough wrong with English politics to keep me spitting feathers all day without me getting embroiled in yours over the pond. Call me a petty little Brit if you will.

Now tell me more about this cape, and is stuff a noun or a verb here?..... ;p

I think you might consider that exxy's 'stuff' in this context is a noun

Tick
  • Dec 8, 2010, 05:12 AM
    QLP

My brain was just getting naughty and running away with itself, I must confess.
    It's the cape thing..

http://blog.jinni.com/wp-content/upl...k-of-zorro.jpg
  • Dec 8, 2010, 06:30 AM
    Just_Another_Lemming

LOL! QLP I know what the British slang for stuff means. If ex knew it, he would definitely tell you that he meant to use it as the verb you are thinking about.

Yes, you are a naughty girl. LOL!
  • Dec 8, 2010, 06:50 AM
    QLP

Ah, thanks JAL, I didn't realise it might get lost in translation.
  • Dec 8, 2010, 06:56 AM
    albear
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    I have ducked in there a few times but most of it is American related articles which don't interest me.

this ^^^^^^
  • Dec 8, 2010, 07:06 AM
    excon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by QLP View Post
    is stuff a noun or a verb here?..... ;p

Hello again, Q:

Ok, I catch on. I STUFF with my STUFF... I also dig clams with it. I was on the beach digging clams when I ran into one of those naked chicks on my island. She raised hell with my clamdigger...

excon
  • Dec 8, 2010, 08:06 AM
    QLP

Now who is being naughty?
  • Dec 9, 2010, 06:44 PM
    Alty

Why didn't I see this thread before?

Exy, I've always wanted a needle point picture of the castle that was a 5 minute walk from the house I lived in in Germany (Weikesheim Schloss). If you start now you could have it done by Christmas, 2025. ;)

I'd love to be interested in politics, but all the politics on this site are American politics, and living in Canada, it really doesn't make any difference to me what your guys do. :)

I'm not into Canadian politics either. After all, I can't vote, so why should I care?

Ya, go ahead, throw things. I'll just duck. ;)