Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Children (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   I just cought my 11 year old masturbating and I don't know what to do can you help ? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=474829)

• May 30, 2010, 02:18 PM
    Aninha
    I just cought my 11 year old masturbating and I don't know what to do can you help ?
    I just cought my 11 year son masturbating and I do not know how to react. Can you help me?
  • May 30, 2010, 02:23 PM
    Aninha

Is it normal for an eleven year old boy masturbates and how many times a day?
  • May 30, 2010, 02:23 PM
    excon

Hello A:

Masturbation is perfectly normal for your boy. Treat it that way.

excon
  • May 30, 2010, 02:25 PM
    Aninha
    Hello ex;
    I understand but all the time?
  • May 30, 2010, 02:28 PM
    Aninha
    Quote:

Originally Posted by aninha View Post
    hello ex;
    i understand but all the time?

How should I act?
  • May 30, 2010, 02:32 PM
    excon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Aninha View Post
    how should i act?

Hello again, A:

I haven't changed my mind. Treat it like it's an ORDINARY part of growing up, which it IS. He doesn't do it ALL the time. He's just discovered it. It's NEW. He's going to do it a lot. It's perfectly NORMAL for him to DO that.

excon
  • May 30, 2010, 03:16 PM
    jmjoseph

It is completely normal for boys to explore there new found "friend" and habit.

I think that you should read this site concerning broaching the subject with your son:Should I be concerned if my teenage son is masturbating?
  • May 30, 2010, 06:17 PM
    jenniepepsi

Are you married hon? Or is the boys father in his life at all? Perhaps the male figure in his life if he has one, could help with this?

It's a very normal part of life. And if you make a big huge deal out of it, it could hurt him in the future.

At this point, I would just turn a blind eye to it when he spends extra time in the bathroom, or quiet time in his bedroom, which ever it is that he does.

Make sure he knows it's a private thing if he is doing it in public. But if he is being private about it, there isn't anything else to be done about it.

Unless he starts stealing your lotion like my brother did. In which case, you may want to buy him his own so he won't steal yours
  • May 30, 2010, 07:20 PM
    Aninha

I thank you all for the help and no he does not have a father.Thanks Jenni and Ex.. by the way I would you drink a Koolaid anyway.Thank you guys, I feel much better, Ani.
  • May 31, 2010, 05:18 AM
    dukelacaze
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Aninha View Post
    I just cought my 11 year son masturbating and i do not know how to react. Can you help me?

u should let it be boys will be boys just inbrase it and u will see u will fill much better:D
  • May 31, 2010, 05:43 AM
    jmjoseph
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dukelacaze View Post
    u should let it be boys will be boys just inbrase it and u will see u will fill much better:D

Please read the site terms of service, or rules. This site does not allow "textspeak". It confuses the translation program.

Not to mention it makes some members' skin crawl from the lack of effort. Like mine.
  • May 31, 2010, 11:08 AM
    positiveparent

I suggest you take him to one side and tell him that whilst you know its perfectly normal for boys of his age to masturbate you hope he will do this in his own room and his own time and explain to him that its not something he should do in any public area or place not associated with his own room, You'll need to knock his bedroom door, and the bathroom door if you don't want to walk in on him, whatever you do though don't tell him its bad or wrong, this will cause many problemes in his adult relationships. Good luck, I found my own son doing this and it was very embarrassing. I used to make a lot of noise as I was approaching his bedroom or the bathroom, this let him know I wasn't far away and saved us both embarrassment.

About (PositiveParenting)
  • Jun 2, 2010, 01:49 PM
    Homegirl 50

Kids that age will do that.
    Tell him to do it in his room, if he wasn't in his room. Now that you know he's doing it, you might want to knock on his door if it is closed before you go in to his room.

Is his dad around? Maybe they should have "the talk"
  • Jun 2, 2010, 01:53 PM
    JudyKayTee
    Quote:

I might take this advice - if I had a CLUE what it is.

What?
  • Jun 2, 2010, 03:37 PM
    jmjoseph
    Quote:

Read the site rules please. There is no "textspeak" allowed here. Most of us have busy lives too, but we had the time to read the terms of service. And we have time to actually use English. That is not a phone you're using. This is not a text.

Furthermore, for you to be telling the OP to "inbrase"( which I'm guessing means embrace) her child masturbating, is questionable advice.

I hope you "fill" like reading the rules.
  • Jun 19, 2010, 03:06 PM
    yomama555
    Wow. I can't believe your making a big deal out of this. I'm 11 and I masturbate.
  • Jun 19, 2010, 03:21 PM
    Fr_Chuck

I guess I would also follow up with how did you "catch" him and how do you know he is doing it "all" the time.

Boys do it, I mean he should not be doing it 5 or more times a day, but yes it happens.

Also long ago, he should be getting his privacy, I know with our 9 year old, he locks the bath door, we knock before we come into his bed room and so on.
  • Jun 19, 2010, 03:41 PM
    yomama555

Well I sometimes do it more than 5 times a day and I am 11
  • Jan 2, 2011, 01:29 AM
    kjhgcgcgvt
    HE is a boy he will do it even if you tell him to stop. So let him be he will probably find a girlfriend & bone her.
  • Jan 2, 2011, 09:59 AM
    jenniepepsi

kjhgcgcgvt, this thread is old and already resolved :) please pay attention to dates :)