Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Skin Lightening (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=386)
-   -   Does anyone know whether caffeine stimulates melanin production? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=460374)

• Mar 25, 2010, 03:58 PM
    Dizzellz112
    Does anyone know whether caffeine stimulates melanin production?
    Tyrosine causes melanin production.. it can be found in milk.. cheese... eggs... and meat and... beans and some others.. are there any other foods that stimulate melanin?. Also I heard almond was another cause...
  • Mar 26, 2010, 06:29 AM
    imgorgeous

And almonds are brilliant for skin and hair.

Lol. If you stop eating these, then another source of information, stop eating carbohydrates because they are source of energy and that invigorates your melanin production.

In short, stop eating.

Common, Id suggest stop eating spicy foods and stick to cooling ones. Any food that cools down your body will automatically calm your overall sense of being and thereby your melanocytes also.

If yoghurt cools you down, id say its good for lightening.

Just because it contains tyrosine or whatever sine , does not mean you should stop.
    Seriously !
  • Mar 26, 2010, 09:34 AM
    Dizzellz112

Lol I was thinking of stopping eating meat,eggs and the others:P become a vegetarian lol but stay clear of bananas.. they cause melanin too:p
  • Mar 26, 2010, 09:38 AM
    sara_uk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizzellz112 View Post
    Tyrosine causes melanin production..it can be found in milk..cheese....eggs...and meat and...beans and some others..are there any other foods that stimulate melanin?..Also i heard almond was another cause....

So Atkins diet is out of the picture then lol :p
  • Mar 26, 2010, 03:03 PM
    Dizzellz112

Lol atkins... haven't tried that diet... I'll stick with this one:p
  • Mar 27, 2010, 06:05 AM
    Dizzellz112

Does anyone know any other food that can cause melanin production ? Or that can decrease it...
  • Mar 27, 2010, 09:37 AM
    perfect soul
    Green tea has helped with brightening my skin a little, I drink about 4 cups a day..
  • Mar 27, 2010, 09:47 AM
    Dizzellz112
    Does green tea taste better then black tea?
  • Mar 27, 2010, 11:16 AM
    perfect soul
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizzellz112 View Post
    does green tea taste better then black tea?

Green tea and black tea taste quite different, I prefer green tea, black tea has more caffiene and green tea is potent is antioxidents, and tastes lighter than black tea..
  • Mar 31, 2010, 02:39 AM
    Golden_Girl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by perfect soul View Post
    green tea and black tea taste quite different, i prefer green tea, black tea has more caffiene and green tea is potent is antioxidents, and tastes lighter than black tea..

Yes, I prefer organic green tea as well due to it's antioxidant properties, along with other health benefits.
  • Apr 18, 2010, 01:49 PM
    Dizzellz112

Does black tea contain arbutin?
  • Apr 18, 2010, 03:26 PM
    imgorgeous

I don't know why but I have to agree with you about tea causing darkening.

Coffee I am not sure. I have been a tea drinker all my life. And my family always says that we should refrain from having black tea as it causes darkening.

It may be a myth but its something that has been believed in my family since generations.

I am not saying age old myths are always true, but there could be some truth to it!

I could be wrong !
  • Apr 18, 2010, 03:31 PM
    Dizzellz112
    Are u serious... tea causes darkening :O... DAMN!
  • Apr 18, 2010, 04:13 PM
    imgorgeous

Lol... no scientific evidence.. its just an ancient saying amongst people of my community.

So chill :)
  • Apr 18, 2010, 04:33 PM
    so sexy

Green and black tea Yum