Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Skin Lightening (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=386)
-   -   Want to make my own lightening cream... (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=455949)

• Mar 8, 2010, 08:07 PM
    AmyGene
    Want to make my own lightening cream...
    I’d like to mix a Strong version of my own lightening creams (with/without HQ), Does anyone have good ingredients?

I’ve been searching for quite a while now.

Please Help.
  • Mar 9, 2010, 11:22 AM
    AmyGene

ALL SELF- Mixers please come in and share your ingredients and results with us :)
  • Mar 9, 2010, 03:51 PM
    AmyGene

Can anyone direct me to another board where its more active?
  • Mar 10, 2010, 04:09 AM
    mistyjane

That's great that you want to make your own cream. Like I said before I really think this is the way to go cause at least you know what is in it.I don't really trust skin lightening brands about the ingredient list.Did you try the skinactives.com?
    You have some ingredients there...
  • Mar 10, 2010, 09:04 PM
    AmyGene

Thanks for the Link Misty!

Now all I need to do is find members who self -mix... I wish more would respond!!

Do they custom make your products at Skinactives.. I have to check that out... I'd really like to find a company that will.. this will be the first time for me and I have dark skin which is more sensitive and can lead to burning etc... so I'm very scared especially since I plan to mix, HQ, skinwhite with retina-A
  • Mar 11, 2010, 02:57 AM
    mistyjane

Aww!
    You plan to mix retin a with Hq in same jar?I don't know if you can do this and still keep the agents effective,you know HQ isn't very stable.
    I don't think that they custom make the products but they really explain how to mix them,which agent goes on well will another in order to make it more potent.
    They have a forum there where you can ask some questions about how to mix the products they sell.
    But as I said before they don't sell HQ or retin a,only kojic acid, alpha arbutin...
    I don't know what is skinwhite, is it a cream?
  • Mar 11, 2010, 02:36 PM
    luvanhair

Also you can go to skintalk forum a lot of folks there have mixed there own products. Please come back and let us know because I'm interested in doing this also. I am currenting reading through that forum trying to see which formula has worked the best. I'm not very good at this kind of stuff so I'm searching for something that's pretty easy to do and works. I do feel like this the most inexpensive way though.
  • Mar 13, 2010, 05:38 PM
    AmyGene

Bump... what are YOU using in your lightening creams?? SHARE
  • Mar 14, 2010, 03:52 AM
    mistyjane

AMY how you doing?
    Things are so slow here that I'm starting to believe that everybody found their magic cream...
    Ok so I did some research and I found this other website: Cosmetic Ingredients Supply - MakingCosmetics.com Inc.
    It also has kojic acid,arbutin but they also have sepiwhite.
    Which is known to be great.
    I'm not going to order from them cause sepiwhite is very expensive(48$ or something)
    I'm about to order some mequinol from goldpharma, it's supposed to be stronger than hq. A member called Dessalm had some great results with this so I'm going to give it a try.
    I'm really excited...
    I wanted some divas and divos to share their experience with it but no feedback yet.
    So take a look at this makingcosmetics website and tell me what you think!
  • Mar 15, 2010, 12:54 PM
    AmyGene

Hi misty thanks for responding!

Making your own cosmetics seems to be very popular. It does provide information on making your own lightening products, but you have to be careful what you mix together, especially if you have dark skin as it is sensitive. It best to get reviews first.

As for meq, I heard that both it and mono can go into your blood stream and white patches will appear anywhere (even on places you did not put the meq and may cause you to depigment fully. I'm too scared and won't risk it.

I found this post for a member here:

Re: I got the powder from my mother who is a pharmacist. But I also found that you can buy it online from photography stores. Hydroquinone is also used in developing photos. Its is exactly the same as the skin hydroquinone. You can even buy it on eBay.

I just started using the cream yesterday, but I'll let you know how it goes. I mixed moisturizing cream (eucerin about 7oz), about 20g of hydroquinone powder, 5g alpha arbutin powder and 4oz of crusader cream (a bleaching cream that my mother used and contains 2% hydroquinone). I mixed them all together then held the cream in boiling water for 8-10 minutes until I could no longer feel the hydroquinone in it. It became watery like lotion, but hardened back to a cream in several hours. Hydroquinone is light and air sensitive so to stop it from turning brown you have to make sure the powder is fully dissolved, kept in an air tight container and kept in a container that is not clear. The container that I have is clear so I keep it in a brown paper bag.

My mother has used hydroquinone for years (about 15 yrs) and has never had any medical problems, not even thining skin, so I'm not sure what all the fuss about it is. She used her cream everyday. She lightened like 6 shade or even more. She went from like Naomi Cambell's color to like Beyonce's color. From brown to very yellow. I will make a post about this later.
    ________

I'm thinking about trying this way, its very easy.

... any opinions on it?? Has anyone tried this way before?
  • Mar 15, 2010, 01:03 PM
    AmyGene

I really wish more people would respond.

Summer is coming and I don't want to hide under clothes anymore. Can someone who mixes their own lightening agents with success PLEASE respond!?

I'd like to use HQ, (Sepiwhite, MSH), Tretinoin mixed with Eucerin cream but I am open to other mixes too.
  • Mar 15, 2010, 02:57 PM
    AmyGene

Does anyone know of any names of memebers who mix their own creams?
  • Mar 19, 2010, 06:06 AM
    sagluva
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyGene View Post
    Hi misty thanks for responding!

Making your own cosmetics seems to be very popular. It does provide information on making your own lightening products, but you have to be careful what you mix together, especially if you have dark skin as it is sensitive. It best to get reviews first.

As for meq, I heard that both it and mono can go into your blood stream and white patches will appear anywhere (even on places you did not put the meq and may cause you to depigment fully. I'm too scared and wont risk it.

I found this post for a member here:

re: I got the powder from my mother who is a pharmacist. But I also found that you can buy it online from photography stores. Hydroquinone is also used in developing photos. Its is exactly the same as the skin hydroquinone. You can even buy it on ebay.

I just started using the cream yesterday, but I'll let you kno how it goes. I mixed moisturizing cream (eucerin about 7oz), about 20g of hydroquinone powder, 5g alpha arbutin powder and 4oz of crusader cream (a bleaching cream that my mother used and contains 2% hydroquinone). I mixed them all together then held the cream in boiling water for 8-10 mins until I could no longer feel the hydroquinone in it. It became watery like lotion, but hardened back to a cream in several hours. Hydroquinone is light and air sensitive so to stop it from turning brown you have to make sure the powder is fully dissolved, kept in an air tight container and kept in a container that is not clear. The container that I have is clear so i keep it in a brown paper bag.

My mother has used hydroquinone for years (about 15 yrs) and has never had any medical problems, not even thining skin, so I'm not sure what all the fuss about it is. She used her cream everyday. She lightened like 6 shade or even more. She went from like Naomi Cambell's color to like Beyonce's color. From brown to very yellow. I will make a post about this later.
    ________

I'm thinking about trying this way, its very easy.

...any opinions on it???? Has anyone tried this way before?

I started using hq and retin a and fair and white on my face and it lightened fast.. I was happy until I saw that my body was darker.. needed to lighten it up fast before summer. I asked my aunt who is a dermatologist. She has also been bleaching forlike 20 years and has tried everything on the market lol.. she gave me a bunch of stuff to buy and mix together to make my own cream.. works wonderfully.. I love it.. helps with the white dots I got from using bio claire on my body.. a few ingredients contain some steroids so I'm only using it for a short time and then I'll switch.. my body lightens like one shade and some places half a shade a week. Won't post the mixture 0n here but if you want to know pm me
  • Mar 19, 2010, 11:23 PM
    BrownDeceit

Will people ever learn? Be careful what you mix and be careful what you do to your skin. Sigh. Just be careful...
  • Mar 27, 2010, 06:02 PM
    AmyGene
    Bump!.
  • Mar 27, 2010, 06:02 PM
    AmyGene
    Bump!.
  • May 1, 2010, 09:48 AM
    basima88
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sagluva View Post
    i started using hq and retin a and fair and white on my face and it lightened fast.. i was happy until i saw that my body was darker.. needed to lighten it up fast before summer. i asked my aunt who is a dermatologist. she has also been bleaching forlike 20 years and has tried everything on the market lol.. she gave me a bunch of stuff to buy and mix together to make my own cream.. works wonderfully.. i love it.. helps with the white dots i got from using bio claire on my body.. a few ingredients contain some steroids so i'm only usin it for a short time and then i'll switch.. my body lightens like one shade and some places half a shade a week. wont post the mixture 0n here but if u want to know pm me

Hi.
    I am interested in your formula. Would you share it with me? Thanks a lot:D
  • Jun 24, 2010, 06:20 PM
    AmyGene
    Quote:

i started using hq and retin a and fair and white on my face and it lightened fast.. i was happy until i saw that my body was darker.. needed to lighten it up fast before summer. i asked my aunt who is a dermatologist. she has also been bleaching forlike 20 years and has tried everything on the market lol.. she gave me a bunch of stuff to buy and mix together to make my own cream.. works wonderfully.. i love it.. helps with the white dots i got from using bio claire on my body.. a few ingredients contain some steroids so i'm only usin it for a short time and then i'll switch.. my body lightens like one shade and some places half a shade a week. wont post the mixture 0n here but if u want to know pm me

I sent you a PM.

Please share.
  • Jun 24, 2010, 06:23 PM
    AmyGene

….nobody else mixes their own lightening agents??
  • Jun 24, 2010, 07:03 PM
    Violaename
    Quote:

The white dots caused by Bio Claire is a big issue.My aunt is suffering from those dots for over 4moths that she stopped using Bio.
    Can you share the recipe of your mix.PM me please
    Ta!! :D