Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Jewelry (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Getting engagement ring back (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=455073)

• Mar 6, 2010, 01:35 PM
    sheldon1651
    Getting engagement ring back
    What are the laws in Nevada and Minnesota for getting your engagement ring back
  • Mar 6, 2010, 01:38 PM
    cdad

Who broke the engagement and why ? Also why are 2 states involved ?
  • Mar 6, 2010, 01:39 PM
    tickle

When you give an engagement ring, you give it as a gift.

Tick
  • Mar 6, 2010, 01:53 PM
    cdad
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    When you give an engagement ring, you give it as a gift.

tick

I disagree. It is conditional. It's a promise to marry. Many states already have laws on the books about it. And regarding when it should be returned.
  • Mar 6, 2010, 02:54 PM
    jmjoseph

Who broke the promise?
  • Apr 20, 2010, 12:48 PM
    sheldon1651
    Quote:

Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post

Because I bought the ring in Minnesota and gave it to her in Minnesota but she lives in Las Vegas
  • Apr 20, 2010, 12:49 PM
    sheldon1651
    Quote:

Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post

Bought and gave ring to her in Minnesota and she lives in las vegas and she broke it off
  • Apr 20, 2010, 01:03 PM
    tickle

Well you already told us that, so what is the outcome. Its been a month. So is it resolved ?

Tick
  • Apr 20, 2010, 01:58 PM
    sheldon1651
    Quote:

well you already told us that, so what is the outcome. Its been a month. So is it resolved ? Thought maybe this was a site that had some legal advice but I can understand this is people that shoot from the HIP. Thanks its been great! Hope you all have fun in this chat room._ _---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tick

• Apr 20, 2010, 02:13 PM
    cdad
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sheldon1651 View Post
    Bought and gave ring to her in Minnesota and she lives in las vegas and she broke it off

Did she break it off for reasons other then infedlity on your part? If so you can take her to court over it.
  • Apr 20, 2010, 02:24 PM
    tickle

Sheldon, I don't know what you mean, shoot from the HIP, chat room, what is that all about. Have you posted this inquiry in more then one forum ?
  • Apr 20, 2010, 02:33 PM
    tickle

Sheldon, you can explain yourself, you are actually quite rude and please get your posts in proper order. We ar all volunteers here and we do try to help, but you chose to return after a few weeks to continue the thread without even answering the questions asked you.
  • Apr 20, 2010, 02:45 PM
    sheldon1651
    I asked if anybody knew what laws were not what your opinion was.
  • Apr 20, 2010, 04:12 PM
    tickle

Before you screwed everything up royally, califdadof3 was trying to answer you question. My opinion wask okay according to forum basics, in fact, I was trying to get further information from you regarding this issue as well, but you chose not to keep in touch with us to find out. So what is the point in pursuing your question? Do you want to stick around and talk it out or get some kind of closure, sheldon? Its up to you. We don't get paid to do this, Sheldon, like I said, we are all volunteers so can say just about anything we want too and you are lucky I can't say what I want to here because I am entirely too much of a lady to do that.

Take your pick, stick around, explain and get answers or leave the forum

Ms tickle
  • Apr 20, 2010, 05:13 PM
    Kitkat22
    Quote:

Before you screwed everything up royally, califdadof3 was trying to answer you question. My opinion wask okay according to forum basics, in fact, I was trying to get further information from you regarding this issue as well, but you chose not to keep in touch with us to find out. So what is the point in pursuing your question? Do you want to stick around and talk it out or get some kind of closure, sheldon? Its up to you. We dont get paid to do this, Sheldon, like I said, we are all volunteers so can say just about anything we want too and you are lucky I can't say what I want to here because I am entirely too much of a lady to do that.

Take your pick, stick around, explain and get answers or leave the forum

ms tickle

I'll bet he went to Jarrods. Hope she keeps it!