Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Hair Care (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=500)
-   -   How to grow my hair 2 inches a weeks? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=438147)

• Jan 23, 2010, 08:10 AM
    trinea911
    How to grow my hair 2 inches a weeks?
    My hair is a little past my shoulders and I think its to short I want to know how can I grow it at least 1 or 2 inches in a week or 2 without taking anypills because I can't and all them chemicals like gel,spritz, etc. I grease my head with africa's best hair grow once every week and I comb it litely when I unwrap it is the anything I can use like olive oil,castor oil, or anything close to that.
    JudyKayTee

You cannot force your hair to grow 1"-2" a week.
    J_9
    It's impossible to grow your hair that much that fast.
  • Jan 23, 2010, 08:14 AM
    Stratmando

Sounds impossible?
    Crazy as the questions sounds, this answer sounds strange, How about hanging weights from your hair.
    It will either work, or make you bald.
    Let me know what your results in 2 weeks whatever you do. Good Luck.
  • Jan 25, 2010, 03:15 PM
    0rphan

You cannot grow your hair that amount in a week.. impossible.
    Generally humane hair grows approximately 1/4 of an inch each month,give or take a little.

If you hang weights from your hair, it will only stretch it, leading it to become weak and eventually it will break off making it much shorter than it is already.

Why not try some extensions temporarily until your natural hair grows, they are widely used these days and are very effective if you can get a good match.
  • Jan 25, 2010, 04:14 PM
    JudyKayTee
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 0rphan View Post
    You cannot grow your hair that amount in a week..impossible.
    Generally humane hair grows approximately 1/4 of an inch each month,give or take a little.

If you hang weights from your hair, it will only stretch it, leading it to become weak and eventually it will break off making it much shorter than it is already.

Why not try some extentions temporarily until your natural hair grows, they are widely used these days and are very effective if you can get a good match.

It's human, not humane. And that was a joke about hanging weights from hair.
  • Jan 25, 2010, 04:28 PM
    Stratmando

Orphan, I didn't think about stretching the hair, I now think it may be possible to grow and/or stretch the hair in that length of time, I don't know what the Chemical or Plant would be, but I'm sure the hair would be thin. Likely Not good for the hair.
  • Jan 25, 2010, 04:30 PM
    0rphan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    It's human, not humane. And that was a joke about hanging weights from hair.

Your right... well spotted Judy.

Having just finished a 15 hour shift, I think I can be excused.

I really must go to bed as I didn't realise that was a joke... which really is quite funny...
  • Oct 31, 2012, 07:43 AM
    julieo01
    It might not be IMPOSSIBLE, but I don't know how anyone could grow hair that fast.
  • Oct 31, 2012, 08:23 PM
    clairemsmith
    It cannot be done, dear. :)
  • Sep 7, 2013, 10:09 AM
    jessiefaye24
    Get olive oil heat it up in the microwave for 10 15 seconds put it all in your hair put your head upside down for 4 minutes thenkeep it in your hair for 2 hours... it will grow 3-4 inchess in 1 week if your do it everyday for a week I it workes because I've done it before