Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Current Events (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   Obama calls Kanye West a 'Jackass' (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=396604)

• Sep 15, 2009, 09:57 AM
    George_1950
    Obama calls Kanye West a 'Jackass'
    I decided some time back to suspend posting here, but I couldn't resist this:

Obama calls Kanye 'jackass' - Patrick Gavin

Bwe he he

You should understand that someone didn't want little ol' me calling Obama the 'jackass-in-chief'. It is quite an acceptable term, one that Obama has done nothing to disabuse himself from.
  • Sep 15, 2009, 10:03 AM
    tomder55

If the shoe fits wear it.

However ,the President must have more important things to deal with.
  • Sep 15, 2009, 10:55 AM
    ETWolverine

Is Obama giving his opinion again on issues that have nothing to do with his job?

Didn't the fallout after the Gates event teach him anything?

He happens to be right on this one. West IS a jackass. But it ain't Obama's job to make statements on this issue.

I wish he's stick to doing his job.

Then there's the claim that Obama's comments about Kanye West were supposed to be "off the record".

So... Obama had an "open mike" incident... sort of.

There's another lesson he hasn't learned from the past... that there's no such thing as "off the record" for a public figure, especially the President or a Presidential Candidate.

It's a lesson OTHERS could afford to learn as well, so this is not exclusively a criticism of Obama.

Elliot
  • Sep 15, 2009, 11:05 AM
    spitvenom

I'll take that open mike moment over someone talking about his boys dripping down someone's leg while they walk up and down steps.

Kayne is a Jackass but he is a hip hop genius!
  • Sep 15, 2009, 11:10 AM
    artlady

We agree on many things,the Prez and I but I have to say this time he dropped the ball.
    He should be dubbed a rude jackass.That is more succinct.
  • Sep 15, 2009, 11:13 AM
    NeedKarma
    Kanye IS a jackass. On this we agree. He needs autotune to sing.
  • Sep 15, 2009, 11:21 AM
    George_1950
    Quote:

Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    We agree on many things,the Prez and I but I have to say this time he dropped the ball.
    He should be dubbed a rude jackass.That is more succinct.

Hi artlady: I like you.
  • Sep 15, 2009, 11:23 AM
    NeedKarma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by George_1950 View Post

George is picking up chicks on AMHD!
  • Sep 15, 2009, 11:42 AM
    excon
    Hello George:

Glad you're back.. The righty's need some help.

excon
  • Sep 15, 2009, 12:05 PM
    earl237
    He is just looking for attention and sadly he got it. So many people get atttention for the wrong reasons.
  • Sep 16, 2009, 06:14 AM
    tomder55

Revisions...
    1. This was an open mike moment so the President wasn't aware his comments would become part of the public record.
    2. There is speculation in the music blogsphere that the whole incident was staged .
    Photo Of The Day: Kanye Brings The Drama, But Was It Scripted?
  • Sep 16, 2009, 06:26 AM
    NeedKarma
    Interesting theory considering that Kanye apologized for it afterwards.
  • Sep 16, 2009, 10:20 AM
    ETWolverine
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Interesting theory considering that Kanye apologized for it afterwards.

Since when does apologizing for soemthing matter... it didn't for Joe Wilson. According to Maurine Dowd, Wilson is a racist, and it would seem that his statement of "you lied" was pre-planned and deliberate, even though he apologized to the President and the apology was accepted.

So... Kanye West's outburst COULDN'T have been planned because he apologized for it.

But Wilson's outburst was a deliberate, planned act of racism, even though he apologized for it.

Look, I'm not saying that the Kanye West thing WAS planned. I have no idea. What I have an issue with is your double-standard on apologies, what they must mean, and how they should be taken.

Elliot
  • Sep 16, 2009, 10:23 AM
    NeedKarma
    Yea, that's exactly it!
  • Sep 16, 2009, 10:56 AM
    spitvenom

I think Kayne had it planned that if anyone but Beyonce (SP?) won he was going to get up and act like a child (it is what he does second best). I don't think MTV had anything to do with it. Plus he was drinking a bottle of hennessy while walking the red carpet. Maybe a little liquid courage.
  • Sep 16, 2009, 11:56 AM
    ETWolverine
    Quote:

Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    I think Kayne had it planned that if anyone but Beyonce (SP?) won he was going to get up and act like a child (it is what he does second best). I don't think MTV had anything to do with it. Plus he was drinking a bottle of hennessy while walking the red carpet. Maybe a little liquid courage.

I thought that "blame it on the alchohol" was Jamie Foxx's song, not Kanye's.
  • Sep 16, 2009, 01:25 PM
    spitvenom
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    I thought that "blame it on the alchohol" was Jamie Foxx's song, not Kanye's.

Kayne is a rapper he just sampled it from Jamie Foxx!!
  • Sep 16, 2009, 07:17 PM
    artlady
    Quote:

Originally Posted by George_1950 View Post

Thanks! What's not to like :eek:
  • Sep 16, 2009, 07:34 PM
    zippit

One thing about it having the president of the united states call you a jack-a** has got to sting!
    Obama should have better things to do
  • Sep 16, 2009, 08:25 PM
    artlady
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zippit View Post
    one thing about it having the president of the united states call you a jack-a** has got to sting!
    obama should have better things to do

Hay someone asked him a question,he made a comment ,its not like he had a press conference !