Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Cars & Trucks (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Airbag light (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=380849)

• Jul 28, 2009, 01:57 PM
    scooter44
    Airbag light
    How do you reset the airbag light on the dash for a 2003 Toyota Tacoma. I know if you bring it to the dealer they can reset it but I'd rather not pay $50. I tried disconnecting the battery.:(
  • Jul 29, 2009, 10:11 AM
    CaptainRich

When the light comes on, that means the Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) has determined that there is a fault in the system. It runs the tests approximately every 500 milliseconds. If there is a fault, that light will remain on. The only way to turn it off that I know of is to thoroughly diagnose the fault and properly repair it.
    Get the code and let us know what you find, we'll help form there.
  • Aug 8, 2009, 08:31 PM
    scooter44
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainRich View Post
    When the light comes on, that means the Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) has determined that there is a fault in the system. It runs the tests approximately every 500 milliseconds. If there is a fault, that light will remain on. The only way to turn it off that I know of is to thoroughly diagnose the fault and properly repair it.
    Get the code and let us know what you find, we'll help form there.

How do you get the code?
  • Aug 8, 2009, 08:35 PM
    scooter44
    Captain Rich,
    I had unplugged the seatbelt plug when I took the drivers seat out of the truck to clean.
    Could this have triggered the light to come on?
    I plugged it back in, but the airbag sensor light is still on.
  • Aug 8, 2009, 09:14 PM
    KISS

I believe so. I do remember a seat heater site that said before disconnecting the seats, disconnect battery.
  • Aug 8, 2009, 09:49 PM
    scooter44
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    I believe so. I do remember a seat heater site that said before disconnecting the seats, disconnect battery.

How would I get the light to go out? I didn't disc. The battery 1st
  • Aug 8, 2009, 09:57 PM
    KISS

Found this: resetting airbag light after seat removal? - Toyota Forums :: Toyota Nation

Try disconnecting battery for 30 minutes. Remember you;ll have driveability problems until you complete a few drive cycles.
  • Aug 10, 2009, 09:07 AM
    CaptainRich
    Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter44
    I had unplugged the seatbelt plug when I took the drivers seat out of the truck to clean.
    Could this have triggered the light to come on?
    I plugged it back in, but the airbag sensor light is still on.

If you disconnected the seatbelt while the key was ON, you may have caused the light to come on.
    The light only came on after the cleaning? Do you know the code that is turning on the light yet?
    You may want to double-check the connector to insure it's clean and properly seated.
  • Aug 11, 2009, 09:03 PM
    KISS

scooter44:

The reddie was uncalled for. Did I say it would work? No. Was it your exact vehicle? No.

Feedback such as "Disconnection the battery didn't work for my vehicle. Thanks for trying" as a post would have been appreciated for others as well as me.

Disagrees are for Totally incorrect answers. Agrees are for well thought out exceptional answers, not a casual nod.

Note the word Accurate in the dialog. Try this based on a web search is neither accurate or inaccurate.
  • Aug 11, 2009, 09:11 PM
    scooter44
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    scooter44:

The reddie was uncalled for. Did I say it would work? No. Was it your exact vehicle? No.

Feedback such as "Disconnection the battery didn't work for my vehicle. Thanks for trying" as a post would have been appreciated for others as well as me.

Disagrees are for Totally incorrect answers. Agrees are for well thought out exceptional answers, not a casual nod.

Note the word Accurate in the dialog. Try this based on a web search is neither accurate or inaccurate.

Sorry- Didn't mean it
  • Aug 11, 2009, 09:25 PM
    KISS

Thanks. Means a lot.