Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Beauty (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Black Ring Around Nose & Dark Eye Circles (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=35362)

• Sep 28, 2006, 09:31 AM
    Soso1001
    Black Ring Around Nose & Dark Eye Circles
    Hi

My name is Sophia and I have dark circles around my eyes. I also have a dark ring going across my nose. I was wondering if you have any idea of how I can work on diminishing them?? I have had both of these problems since I was a little girl and now I'm 22 years old. If you can or can't help me please e-mail me when you can. Thank you for reading my e-mail.

Have A Nice Day,
    Sophia
  • Sep 28, 2006, 02:52 PM
    PrettyLady
    Hello, Sophia. Most dark circles are caused by the veins beneath the thin skin under the eye. The skin around the eyelid is normally extremely thin, and as we age, it becomes even thinner. It can also be caused by other factors, such as heredity, lack of sleep, pollution, and topical irritants can play a significant role in creating dark circles and puffiness. The other cause of dark circles is hereditary pigmentation, often in people of color. Laser surgery appears to lessen the appearance of circles. There are some other things you can also do to improve the appearance of dark circles. In short term, you can by apply slices of cold cucumber or potatoes to the area for 15 minutes. For longer lasting results, use an under eye cream daily, it can improve the appearance of dark circles. Creams that contains Vitamin K and Vitamin C may help reduce dark circles. If you have chronic and severe under-eye circles and pigmentation, please consult a dermatologist.
  • Apr 26, 2010, 10:45 PM
    fadelhan
    Hello, I am a 24 years old male, I am experiencing the same problem as Sophia. I don't have puffiness or allergy dark circles. I have a dark black skin around the eye around the nose area. I've only had them for a couple of years and I am tired of the way I always look tired and beat.
  • Jun 6, 2010, 12:15 PM
    falon13
    Hi I'm fALON I have dark marks around my neck an nose a use make up to cover it an I hate it people always look at me funny and stuff... I went to a docter an the only way the dark marks can go away if I loose weigh bt its very hard for me
  • Jun 6, 2010, 05:56 PM
    lJ.

Consult a dermatologist about you nose!
  • Nov 3, 2010, 09:29 AM
    popolklkp

I have genetic dark circles and have tried everything to mask them. My dermatologist recommended the Made from Earth "Vitamin Enhanced Face Firming Serum" for under the eyes, and the Olive Night Crème for all over the face at night.

It feels good going on - I use it twice a day. I didn't realize what an impact it made until I ran out of it and noticed considerable puffiness around my eyes and darker circles after only a week of not having it. It has definitely made a difference for me.