Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Women's Health (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=357)
-   -   Can virgins use tampons? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=122291)

• Aug 23, 2007, 01:56 PM
    de_010_gemini
    Can virgins use tampons?
    Okay, can virgins use tampons?will it hurt 2 put in, will it even go in, and if so how do u put it in, tha directions on tha wapper weren't very specific
  • Aug 23, 2007, 02:42 PM
    tickle
    Yes of course virgins can use tampons, years ago that's all we had until panty liners were brought out in the form you see them in now. Yes, again, you will get used to the discomfort but if you don't want to use them, use one of the other products that adhere to your underpants. I always found tampons uncomfortable and got one or two stuck in there and it was very embarrassing having to go to the doc to get them out!
  • Aug 23, 2007, 03:02 PM
    crystalbivens
    I Was Always Taught That If You Put It In And It Hurts Then Take It Out And Try Again, It Should Not Hurt At All While Inside.
    The Best Way To Insert It Is By Sitting On The Toilet With Your Legs Open Wide And Using Two Fingers To Insert It (one On The Top And One Around The Body Of The Tampon To Have Good Contol Of It)
    Rr Some Women Insert It By Propping A Leg On The Tub And Inserting It That Way. Either Way You Should Not Feel It Or Have Any Discomfort.
    Good Luck
  • Aug 23, 2007, 03:07 PM
    J_9
    Make sure you follow the instructions exactly. There is still a risk of toxic shock that is associated with tampons.
  • Aug 23, 2007, 05:40 PM
    macksmom
    I used tampons the first time I started my period... I don't use anything else! I don't know, it was more of a personal preference for me... I didn't like the "mess" with pads. I have found that plastic applicators are easier to insert, especially when you are new to it. You can really be in any position, I put mine in standing up and just squat down a little... if you start slow while inserting you will feel the way your body curves or tilts, and the tampon will easily slide in... you will get used to putting it in very quickly... and as everyone else said, you shouldn't feel any discomfort... if you do you may not have put it in far enough. Taking them out still feels weird to me hahaha! But you get used to it! :)
  • Aug 23, 2007, 06:29 PM
    de_010_gemini
    OoOoOo ok thaxnz!!!!
  • Dec 15, 2007, 04:24 PM
    ISneezeFunny
    Yeah, virgins can use it... unless you believe that they're the "devil's q-tips"
  • Dec 15, 2007, 04:54 PM
    godsbabygirl267
    Yes, virgins can use tampons. You should ask your mother to explain how to insert them or there are some very helpful websites on the internet that should help. Just type in, How to use a Tampon in the search bar and you should get an answer. No, it should not hurt once in but if you do feel any discomfort then you should remove it and try again.
  • Dec 15, 2007, 04:57 PM
    J_9
    Wow, this question was asked and answered on August 23. I'm pretty sure that in the past 4 months she is either using tampons or not, considering that she has not been back to this site since then.