Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Women's Health (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=357)
-   -   1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=250514)

• Aug 19, 2008, 06:33 AM
    AlanaKay
    1 Positive Pregnancy test, 3 Neg Pregnancy tests, and 2 weeks late
    I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late.

I did some research and saw that I may have had a chemical pregnancy but with that comes a period, in most cases. I am just looking for some kind of clarity to get me through the next couple of weeks.
  • Aug 19, 2008, 07:54 AM
    rockinmommy
    Go to planned parenthood or somewhere like that and be tested. No wait for an appointment. Or call and ask to talk to your doctor's nurse. Tell her what's going on and ask her if you can come in and be tested.
  • Aug 20, 2008, 10:46 AM
    NJhelpwanted
    My friend was pregnant and showing and the HPT showed negative until her 6th month. Go for the blood test to be positive.
  • Aug 18, 2009, 09:37 PM
    Leidenschaftlich für Wahr

Well... there's no such thing as a false positive. The test can't read hormones that aren't there. So, you either by chance took 3 tests that gave you false negatives, unlikely... or you had a miscarriage.
  • Aug 25, 2009, 06:20 PM
    babydreams11806
    Hey I'm going through the same thing I took 2 positive test about 10 hours from each other the second so much darker than the first the next morning I'm excited and get up to use fmu and test with a digital and it was negative so I used 3 other line test and those were negative as well its been 5 days since the first negative and still no spotting or bleeding of any kind and my symptoms are still intensifying so if you find any answeres let me know!! And yes I came up with a possible chemical too but most of those bleed by now? So I don't know
  • Dec 28, 2011, 12:48 AM
    Chickagirlgabby
    If u get a positive then your pregnant, a lot of people get false negatives.
  • Jul 24, 2012, 07:22 AM
    daniielle21
    I am the same tested 4 days before a period got a strong positive then had about 5negatives now my period is two days late its so confusion and emotionally draining I went from being on cloud nine to a huge disappointment still not knowing why I had the positive
  • Sep 3, 2012, 03:02 PM
    incubusgirl7
    Get a blood test. Then you will know for sure.
  • Oct 2, 2012, 02:18 PM
    Merrida
    Go to your doctor and tell them what you told us. They can run a blood test to find out for sure.
  • Oct 9, 2012, 08:19 AM
    hisbaby
    I took a pregnancy test Sunday morning and it showed up yes but I took 3 more yesterday afternoon and they all showed up positive so which one do I go by?
  • Oct 9, 2012, 08:20 AM
    hisbaby
    I meant they all showed up negative
  • Apr 23, 2013, 11:40 AM
    kerwiller
    If you need a quick and affordable way to get the blood test, the quantitative hcg test will answer your concerns for sure, go to Lab Tests Online | Anonymous STD Testing from Request A Test and you can order one for $39. Then you just print the lab work and go in for the test. I got my results the next day and it helped in my situation. I was under different circumstances, but based on what you are saying, I would get the blood test so that you know for sure what is going on.
  • Jun 11, 2013, 03:50 PM
    Milly0716
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hisbaby View Post
    i took a pregnancy test sunday morning and it showed up yes but i took 3 more yesterday afternoon and they all showed up positive so which one do i go by?

They are all positive!!
  • Sep 1, 2013, 09:09 AM
    Isaiahsmommy
    The same is happening with me I took a hpt at night and got a faint positive the next morning I was sure it was going to be positive since it was positive the night before but it was a negative I still haven't gotten my period and I am now more than 3 weeks late and I have sickness when I smell certain smells increased appitite soreness in my brests and I feel like I could sleep forever but still no positive since 3 weeks ago at night... needless to say I'm making an appt with my doctor