Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Reading & Writing (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   English.. Need help pleaseee (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=765407)

• Sep 2, 2013, 11:55 AM
    eminemloverx3
    English.. Need help pleaseee
    Hi well I'm in 6th year and I only started to do essays and I really don't know what I'm doing... can anyone help me on how to start my essay. The question is
    "write a personal essay about your views on celebrities and being famous in the 21st century" I already have a brainstorm done and I'm planning on writing about how "some people can't handle fame" and how its to "easy to get famous these days" and that the "meaning of celebrity has changed" can anyone give me a hand ? Thanks
  • Sep 2, 2013, 12:00 PM
    Wondergirl
    It sounds like you are off to a good start and don't need much help. Start with a question or a zinger comment -- or a quote from one of these celebrities.

Will you mention names of certain celebrities as examples?

How long does the essay have to be?
  • Sep 2, 2013, 12:01 PM
    eminemloverx3
    The essay has to be 4 pages and I just need a little bit of help on how to start and hmm I could possible metion people like linsey lonhan and charlie sheen but I'm not really sure yet
  • Sep 2, 2013, 12:08 PM
    eminemloverx3
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    It sounds like you are off to a good start and don't need much help. Start out with a question or a zinger comment -- or a quote from one of these celebrities.

Will you mention names of certain celebrities as examples?

How long does the essay have to be?

Oh that's good actually but I don't really know qoutes for celebrities that could fit in with this
  • Sep 2, 2013, 12:09 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eminemloverx3 View Post
    the essay has to be 4 pages and i just need a little bit of help on how to start and hmm i could possible metion people like linsey lonhan and charlie sheen but im not really sure yet

Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Tallulah and Scout Willis (and other children of established stars), contestants on X Factor and American Idol.

Start with a quote from one of them (something arrogant and pushy).
  • Sep 2, 2013, 12:09 PM
    eminemloverx3
    Oh yes thank you!
  • Sep 2, 2013, 12:10 PM
    eminemloverx3
    Quote:

Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Tallulah and Scout Willis (and other children of established stars), contestants on X Factor and American Idol.

Start with a quote from one of them (something arrogant and pushy).

Oh yes thank youu!!
  • Sep 2, 2013, 12:12 PM
    Wondergirl
    Justin Bieber: "Not trying to be arrogant, but if I walked down the street and a girl saw me, she might take a look back because maybe I'm good-looking, right?" AND "Now that I'm on top, everyone wants to bring me down. Everyone's trying to tug at me and take my spot."

Write about these stars' stupid antics that make them look like spoiled brats. There are about 532 pages just on that.
  • Sep 2, 2013, 12:14 PM
    eminemloverx3
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eminemloverx3 View Post
    oh yes thank youu!!!!

Could you maybe give me an exmple? I've been looking for things to write but nothing seems to be coming up...
  • Sep 2, 2013, 12:16 PM
    eminemloverx3
    Quote:

Justin Bieber: "Not trying to be arrogant, but if I walked down the street and a girl saw me, she might take a look back because maybe I'm good-looking, right?" AND "Now that I'm on top, everyone wants to bring me down. Everyone's trying to tug at me and take my spot."

Write about these stars' stupid antics that make them look like spoiled brats. There are about 532 pages just on that.

Oh thank you so much you've helped me loadsss!!
  • Sep 2, 2013, 12:16 PM
    Wondergirl
    Justin and his monkey problem (with customs)
    Charlie Sheen and his drug problem
    Miley Cyrus's former sweet look and now how she looks
  • Sep 2, 2013, 12:51 PM
    Wondergirl
    Also, YouTube and blogging and the Internet in general give anyone a chance to be "famous."