Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Weight Loss (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=353)
-   -   Need to lose 15-20 in a week. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=171814)

• Jan 12, 2008, 10:45 PM
    Confused_On_Color
    Need to lose 15-20 in a week.
    Going out a week from today and I really like the guy. And he seems interested in me too! But I really want to look good for him! It's supposed to be cold this whole week so I figured ill go running with a thin layer on to help make me sweat out toxins.
    I'll eat Special K every morning. Then just drink water for lunch and go running for an hour after school, and a piece of fruit or something for dinner. Anything else I can do to help slim down quickly?
  • Jan 12, 2008, 10:50 PM
    bushg
    If you do that your body will go into starvation mode and stop burning any calories at all. Also you may make yourself ill and pass out. How will you go on a date if you feel ill or in the hospital?
    Remember he asked you out the way you are so don't try to lose weight for him.
  • Jan 12, 2008, 10:55 PM
    Confused_On_Color
    Done the sarvation thing before didn't have totally horrible result slost about 27lbs in 2 weeks. So I don't know.
  • Jan 12, 2008, 11:03 PM
    bushg
    I know a guy that his potassium levels dropped from not eating and he had a massive heart attack and died. He was 29.
  • Jan 12, 2008, 11:17 PM
    Confused_On_Color
    Well I'm on B-12 Vitamin supplements. I figure ill wake up in the morning eat a bowl of Special K, then I can't eat lunch until around 12 because my schooling. So ill have an orange or an apple with a bottle of water for lunch. Then ill come home around 3 eat a banana for energy then go running/jogging for 45 min. Then come home sleep a bit then have a small healthy meal and take my metabolism vitamin. [B-12] Healthy enough?
  • Jan 12, 2008, 11:18 PM
    Confused_On_Color
    Maybe throw a little yoga, and about 200 sit ups, 50 crunches, & 50 legs lifts in.
  • Jan 12, 2008, 11:19 PM
    bushg
    I don't think so, but I'm cautious if my 14 year old daughetr tried I would have a fit.
  • Jan 12, 2008, 11:24 PM
    Confused_On_Color
    I know they say to snack in on something healthy through the day but I can't and I'm 16. Not 14 so I'm thinking my body can handle this.

-Water & Specail K
    -Cosmetology/School
    -Lunch = An apple/orange, granola bar and a water for lunch.
    -A banana around 3pm followed by a 30min jog.
    -150 Sit ups, 30 crunches, 30 Leg lifts.
    -A quick nap followed by a sensible meal including small amount of carbs, soy milk, and veggies.
    -Metabolism Vitamin.

Healthy Enough Now? That's breakfast, a standard lunch, a snack, Dinner, vitamins and a good workout.

Keep in mind I'm a vegan so I won't eat dairy, eggs, or meat lol.
  • Jan 12, 2008, 11:31 PM
    Kchica5
    I know how you feel to lose weight because a guy asked you out and you want to look good. But I tried doing the same thing your talking about but its considered more of a crash diet and after you lose the weight your going to have to keep doing it because then once you start eating regular stuff you'll gain weight easier. I say don't just run because even though it is good cardio you have to do more because its kind of slow on the calorie burning side. Do some kick boxing type moves.. no joke I did that everyday for a week and lost a lot of weight and got toned also. It worked great.
  • Jan 12, 2008, 11:41 PM
    Confused_On_Color
    Yea, I do plan on keeping this up.
    I have a gym membership but the roads can get bad around here and I can't drive yet.
    I was told by many people running is the best thing u can do to lose belly fat.
  • Jan 12, 2008, 11:43 PM
    Wondergirl
    It's best to take all the B vitamins, not just one. B-complex is the way to go.

What will you do for an encore if he asks you for a second date?
  • Jan 12, 2008, 11:45 PM
    Confused_On_Color
    As I said before I do plan on keeping this up.
    He works out a lot and he's way adorable.
    6'1", 140lbs, great personality.
    And then he sked me if I work out and I was like I try, I should yea.
    But we got to talking and he asked me to go out on Saturday to the movies.
  • Jan 12, 2008, 11:48 PM
    Wondergirl
    Don't eat any popcorn or snacks at the movies. Don't let him take you out to eat anywhere. Don't invite him to your house to meet your family and eat anything. Don't accept an invitation to his house for dinner.

I wonder how long you will be able to keep this up.

Got to go. I'm hungry.
  • Jan 12, 2008, 11:50 PM
    Kchica5
    Yea running is good. But my sister is a fitness trainer and you have to do more than run for 45 minutes to lose that belly fat.
  • Jan 12, 2008, 11:51 PM
    Confused_On_Color
    Oh trust me I'm not eating popcorn or anything. Popcorn makes me sick lol.
    I don't care that he meets my family their weird though.
    And I like never eat in front of guys
  • Jan 12, 2008, 11:54 PM
    Wondergirl
    Then marriage isn't for you.

(Don't teens who date go out to eat any longer, like after the movie? Guys like girls who eat. Males are hunter-killer types who bring gifts of food to their women.)
  • Jan 12, 2008, 11:59 PM
    Confused_On_Color
    Idk we might go out afterwards.
    If we do I'll eat in front of him.
    I just won't personally enjoy it lol.
  • Jan 13, 2008, 12:22 AM
    Wondergirl
    Some of the most romantic times in my life involved sharing a meal with the guy I loved. Sorry you might miss out on that experience.
  • Jan 14, 2008, 05:30 AM
    sarah welham
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Confused_On_Color
    Going out a week from today and I really like the guy. And he seems interested in me too! But I really wanna look good for him! It's supposed to be cold this whole week so i figured ill go running with a thin layer on to help make me sweat out toxins.
    I'll eat Special K every morning. Then just drink water for lunch and go running for an hour after school, and a piece of fruit or something for dinner.? Anything else I can do to help slim down quickly?!

Losing weight like this will surely do your body harm!!
    You should aim to lose about 3lb a week. You can do this with exercise and a good balanced diet. Keeping your metabolic rate high by eat little but often. Always start with breakfast and aim to eat at least 6 times a day. This will stop your body thinking its starving which results in your metabolism slowing down!!
    Good luck
  • Jan 14, 2008, 07:14 AM
    talaniman
    Is this guy worth you risking your health for? What happens if you do all that, and don't lose all the weight you want? Or worse get sick, and can't go out with him? Do it right, and talk to your doctor, and get a safe diet. He ask you out the way you are, so it may be better to just take it easy on your body, enjoy your date, and workout with him for a second date and get cloe to him, that way without the risk. As a guy, I wouldn't want to be impressed that way. But would love to work out with a nice gal, whom I am interested in. That would be fun. And isn't that what your really after, having fun with a cool guy?