Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Marriage (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Do you have a lot in common with your wife, and share many interests? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=494044)

• Aug 1, 2010, 06:48 PM
    ROLCAM
    Do you have a lot in common with your wife, and share many interests?
    Do you have a lot in common with your wife, and share many interests?
  • Aug 1, 2010, 07:06 PM
    Enigma1999

Hello Rolcam,

Are you having issues with your wife? I see that you have posted other questions regarding wives all in five minutes.

So what's going on?
  • Aug 1, 2010, 07:12 PM
    Fr_Chuck

A husband and wife need some common interest but they are and have to also be two separate people. I love outdoors, hunting and fishing and shooting. My wife hates guns and outdoors is walking to the car. But we love music and share that.
    We have totally different interest in TV shows, and take turns on varoius nights watching some shows.
  • Aug 1, 2010, 07:24 PM
    Kitkat22

My husband loves hunting and building computers,fixing computers. Electronics, calculus, any type of geometry and camping.

My idea of roughing it is when the microwave isn't working. We are still a team.
  • Aug 1, 2010, 07:38 PM
    Stringer

I think the thought that 'opposites attract' is a fallacy in many relationships. I agree with Chuck that each has to be their own person with their own interests however that quickly becomes a bone of contention when they have little in common and find little in ways to 'blend.' There always has to be adjustments in a marriage... give and take. You have to find enough common ground to sustain the everyday existence.

My wife is 20 years younger than I am. We have a lot in common in many ways and have indeed been fortunate that our differences have enhanced us as we both have learned from each other daily. Our 7 years of marriage has been peaceful, exciting, loving and interesting. The most important thing is that I respect and love her.

She has an 'old soul' and I have trouble keeping that 'little boy' in check sometimes. So we both have blended so to speak, and it works wonderfully.

Stringer
  • Aug 1, 2010, 08:09 PM
    Kitkat22
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    I think the thought that 'opposites attract' is a fallacy in many relationships. I agree with Chuck that each has to be their own person with their own interests however that quickly becomes a bone of contention when they have little in common and find little in ways to 'blend.' There always has to be adjustments in a marriage...give and take. You have to find enough common ground to sustain the everyday existence.

My wife is 20 years younger than I am. We have a lot in common in many ways and have indeed been fortunate that our differences have enhanced us as we both have learned from each other daily. Our 7 years of marriage has been peaceful, exciting, loving and interesting. The most important thing is that I respect and love her.

She has an 'old soul' and I have trouble keeping that 'little boy' in check sometimes. So we both have blended so to speak, and it works wonderfully.

Stringer

I agree Stringer. My whole family likes guns and I do too. My husband and I share that. We love the beach. History Channel is one of our favorites. And we both love baseball... The Braves. It works, that and the love of our children and grandchildren. I love your response. :)
  • Aug 1, 2010, 08:44 PM
    Stringer

Kit: Thank you

WG: Hee hee... fourth of July at least 3 times/week... :)
  • Aug 1, 2010, 08:47 PM
    Kitkat22
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Kit: Thank you

WG: Hee hee...fourth of July at least 3 times/week.... :)

As the old song says... "Love is Wonderful The Second Time Around"