Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Languages (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Name translation in sanskrit script (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=157155)

• Nov 28, 2007, 11:47 PM
    subash raj
    Name translation in sanskrit script
    Hi there,
    :)
    I would like to have a tattoo in sanskrit script.can anyone help me to translate "subash raj" in sanskrit script. Hope will get it soon.

Thanks
  • Dec 2, 2007, 01:23 AM
    Clough
    Perhaps the following is it? I'm not sure. I got it from the following site. Sanskrit Dictionary for Spoken Sanskrit The site is free to use.

शुभाशया वि- राज्
  • Dec 2, 2007, 05:32 PM
    subash raj
    Hi,

Thanks clough.
  • Dec 2, 2007, 10:04 PM
    Clough
    You are welcome! I hope that I was somewhat correct. I also hope that you try out that site. It really does seem to be good and set up well. Plus, it is free to use!
  • Dec 19, 2007, 08:26 PM
    drkpp
    Quote:

Originally Posted by subash raj
    hi there,
    :)
    i would like to have a tattoo in sanskrit script.can anyone help me to translate "subash raj" in sanskrit script. hope will get it soon.

thanks

सुभाष राज

Webmaster - Translations
    Free Online Translations Sanskrit, Hindi, Marathi & Gujarati Tattoos, Names & Sentences
  • Dec 20, 2007, 01:45 AM
    Clough
    Quote:

Originally Posted by drkpp

Interesting that the above site as referenced by drkpp is free to use for only a short time in spite of the way the advertising for the site reads. Then you will have to pay for the translations. Hmmm? Advertising?

A quote from the above referenced site is below.
    Quote:

My translation services are free of cost for translation of names & short sentences upto 5 words in any one of the languages listed below for the first time.
  • Dec 26, 2007, 02:42 AM
    subash raj
    Hi drkpp,

Thanks for your help.Just want to ask, I would like make it bigger so that it will be easy for me to design my tattoo.So what should I do ?

Thanks again for your help
  • Dec 26, 2007, 03:05 AM
    Clough
    If you just copy and paste the translation into an email program such as Outlook Express, you should be able to resize the font size by highlighting the text with your cursor and choosing a different font size from the drop-down menu that has the numbers for font sizes.
  • Dec 26, 2007, 06:31 AM
    drkpp
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Clough
    If you just copy and paste the translation into an email program such as Outlook Express, you should be able to resize the font size by highlighting the text with your cursor and choosing a different font size from the drop-down menu that has the numbers for font sizes.

Thanks for your help on the technical part of the question.
  • Dec 26, 2007, 05:40 PM
    subash raj
    Hi drkpp,

Thanks a lot... im able to resize the font..

Thanks again..
  • Oct 17, 2009, 07:01 AM
    robert333uk
    Can you provide the following names in sanscript script

Anna
    Arjan
    Aaron
    Simran
    Jasprit
    Inderjit
  • Oct 17, 2011, 08:03 AM
    Santhiya
    Santhiya translate to sanskrit
  • Oct 17, 2011, 08:06 AM
    drkpp
    संथिया

Webmaster-Translations:
    http://freetranslationblog.blogspot.com
  • Jun 28, 2012, 11:08 AM
    smartacorinne
    Where would I find a place to translate a person's name into sanskrit? "Nils" is the name I am interested in..
  • Jun 28, 2012, 11:09 AM
    drkpp
    Pronunciation please e.g. Michael spoken as 'my-kull'
  • Jun 28, 2012, 11:18 AM
    smartacorinne
    Name is pronounced "Nilz" it is a one syllable name in english/swedish
  • Jun 28, 2012, 11:18 AM
    drkpp
    निल्झ
  • Jun 28, 2012, 11:24 AM
    smartacorinne
    Also pronounced "Neelz", does this change the translation?
  • Jun 28, 2012, 11:27 AM
    drkpp
    Sanskrit is written in Devanagari [script of city of Gods] which is a phonetic script i.e. names are written as they are spoken NOT as per their spelling. If pronunciation changes written form of name changes, too.