Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Accounting (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Difference B/w P&L and P&L Adjustment Account (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=291920)

• Dec 14, 2008, 01:07 AM
    Afross
    Difference B/w P&L and P&L Adjustment Account
    What is the difference between P&L and P&L adjustment account? Is P&l Adjustment Account and P&L appropriation Account is Same is same? Thanks in advance.:confused:
  • Dec 14, 2008, 03:09 AM
    ROLCAM
    There are three stages:-

Profit and Loss Account first stage. What is termed to be first closure.

Profit and Loss Adjustment Account second stage .
    Here one incorporates the adjustments at balance date that are needed
    To sophisticate the first closure.
    These are called Balance Date Adjustments.
    Accruals come into play here.

Profit and Loss Appropriation Account.
    This is the third and final closure.
    When the second tier is closed.
    Decisions are made as to how the distribution takes place.
    Some profit can be distributed, the balance is carried forward in the Balance Sheet.

Rolcam
  • Jun 6, 2010, 12:20 PM
    akshay aggarwal
    p&l adjustment is an a/c prepared to rectify the errors found when the books of that year has been closed,i.e. errors are identified in next year or later

For eg---sales book overcast by rs 2000 &error identify next year, now if we debit sales then our present year profit will be undercasted ,thus in order to avoid this problem we open p&l adjustment a/c & debit or credit it instead of all NOMINAL A/Cs. i.e. in this case our entry will be
    p&l adjustment a/c Dr. 2000
    To suspense a/c 2000

akshay aggarwal
    [email protected]
    akshay aggarwal
    p&l adjustment is an a/c prepared to rectify the errors found when the books of that year has been closed,i.e. errors are identified in next year or later

For eg---sales book overcast by rs 2000 &error identify next year, now if we debit sales then our present year profit will be undercasted ,thus in order to avoid this problem we open p&l adjustment a/c & debit or credit it instead of all NOMINAL A/Cs. i.e. in this case our entry will be
    To suspense a/c 2000

akshay aggarwal
    [email protected]
    akshay aggarwal

To suspense a/c 2000

akshay aggarwal
    [email protected]
  • Jun 11, 2010, 12:26 AM
    morgaine300

Please watch out for the dates on posts. The search tends to drag up old stuff. There is not enough activity on this forum that you cannot find even stuff a week old within the last 3-4 pages.