Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Psychics (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=267)
-   -   Stairs in my dream (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=17120)

• Jan 4, 2006, 09:06 PM
    mrs.pennell
    Stairs in my dream
    I dream about stairs almost every night. I dream that I am running down endless flights of stairs or falling down stairs. I am never going up these stairs, always down. Does anyone know what this might mean?
  • Jan 4, 2006, 11:12 PM
    orange
    I'm no psychic, and I hope a psychic answers you, but this board has been kind of quiet lately, so... I'll share my dream interpretation book's answer with you, just in case:

About Stairs:

"To see a staircase in your dream, symbolizes change and transformation."

"To dream that you are walking down a flight of stairs, represents your repressed thoughts. It suggests that you are going into your unconscious. It also refers to setbacks that you will experience in your life. If you are afraid of going down the stairs, then it suggests that you are afraid to confront your repressed emotions and thoughts. Is there something from your past that you are not acknowledging."

About Falling:

"As with most common dream themes, falling is an indication of insecurities, instabilities, and anxieties. You are feeling overwhelmed and out of control in some situation in your waking life. This may reflect the way you feel in your relationship or in your work environment. You have lost your foothold and can not hang on or keep up with the hustle and bustle of daily life. When you fall, there is nothing that you can hold on to. You more or less are forced toward this downward motion without any control. This lost of control may parallel a waking situation in your life.

Falling dreams also often reflect a sense of failure or inferiority in some circumstance or situation. It may be the fear of failing in your job/school, loss of status, or failure in love. You feel shameful and lack a sense of pride. You are unable to keep up with the status quo or that you don't measure up.

According to Freudian theory, dreams of falling indicate that you are contemplating giving into a sexual urge or impulse. You maybe lacking indiscretion.

Falling dreams typically occur during the first stage of sleep. Dreams in this stage are often accompanied by muscle spasms of the arms, legs, and the whole body. These sudden contractions, also known as myclonic jerks. Sometimes when we have these falling dreams, we feel our whole body jerk or twitch and we awaken from this jerk. It is thought that this jerking action is part of an arousal mechanism that allows the sleeper to awaken and become quickly alert and responsive to possible threats in the environment.

According to biblical interpretations, dreams about falling have a negative overtone and suggest that man is acting and walking according to his own way of thinking and not those of the Lord."
  • Jan 5, 2006, 09:09 AM
    fredg
    Dreams
    Hi,
    I am not a psychic either, so can't give you any interpretations.
    Here is a link:

http://kidshealth.org/kid/feeling/th...ightmares.html

I know you aren't a "kid"; but the site does give some good information about dreams.
    Best of luck.
  • Jan 9, 2006, 09:56 AM
    ranieri
    Mrs pennell
    You are being asked to go deep within yourself. You are not acting in a positive manner about circumstances in your life. Immediate circumstances. You have let someone else run your energy given up your power to someone else and you need to get that personal power back for yourself! It is your life not theirs. Get back up in the front seat of your life already and have no fear. There is absolutely no one and nothing to fear in your life, except this couple of very controlling people in your life, you have gooten used to this lack of power in the past. But because of what your future holds for you, you need it back! You have asked for these changes in your life some time ago. And they are beginning to happen NOW! You have not been truly happy for some time now. You are strong and courageous! But I get you needing some time to just yourself alone time. To sort all of this out. Alone time at least once a week if not more to do your own thing alone. And this is not happening now. Out of doors is also very important to you and I don't have you out seeing things of beauty either or exercising.
    Good book for you "Personal Power through Awareness" author
    Sanaya Roman will help you see the light to this dilemna. Actually all of her books you will find interesting but for now start here.
    Get a new hairdo, new dress take a walk totally zone out in whatever way you are used to doing this before all of this responsebilty for others lives started dominating yous. Peace ranieri