Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Current Events (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   Is this really all that surprising..... (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=850926)

• Aug 23, 2023, 11:17 AM
    Curlyben
    Is this really all that surprising.....
    We all saw this coming, Vlad's signature MO all over it ;)

Wagner boss Yevgeny Prigozhin presumed dead after Russia plane crash

Wagner boss Yevgeny Prigozhin was on the passenger list of a jet which crashed killing all on board, Russia's civil aviation authority has said.
    Earlier, Wagner-linked Telegram channel Grey Zone reported the Embraer aircraft was shot down by air defences in the Tver region, north of Moscow.
  • Aug 23, 2023, 11:38 AM
    tomder55
    Funny I just commented on that from a previous comment I made at the time of the Wagner revolt . The comment was 'When you shoot at the king you better not miss.
  • Aug 23, 2023, 11:51 AM
    Curlyben
    No radioactive substances in this case, just good old fashioned heavy metal ingestion.
  • Aug 23, 2023, 12:33 PM
    tomder55
    Plane crashed are a convenient way to silence opposition . Just ask Dorothy Hunt ;wife of E Howard Hunt ,who organized the Watergate break in.

The plane crash where Howard Hunt's wife died: a true story - Auralcrave
  • Aug 23, 2023, 12:51 PM
    tomder55
    What happens to the Wagner group now ? I am not even all that concerned about their presence in Belarus. They have had a heavy hand in the Syrian Civil War ;and have fomented coups in the African Sahel region ;most recently in Niger
  • Aug 23, 2023, 01:00 PM
    Curlyben
    Borged into the Russian Army, with typical Putin subtleness....
  • Aug 23, 2023, 01:25 PM
    tomder55
    Borged ! good word !! turning a Star Trek race's conquests into an adverb.

It is fitting I guess. Ukraine troops have been calling Russian troops Orks since the beginning of the war making a clear distinction between good and evil even though the war is far from that clear cut.
  • Aug 24, 2023, 01:01 PM
    tomder55
    Wagner group appears to be withdrawing from Belarus .

Satellite Images Show Wagner Camp In Belarus Being Dismantled (rferl.org)

Are they headed to Africa to prop up Niger's military junta ;or on another march towards Moscow ?
  • Aug 24, 2023, 02:28 PM
    jlisenbe
    Might be angry over the killing of the big cheese, or completely intimidated and saying in effect that they get the message.
  • Aug 26, 2023, 09:25 AM
    Curlyben
    Wagner mercenaries must swear allegiance to Russia - Putin
    And so it begins...
  • Aug 26, 2023, 09:29 AM
    jlisenbe
    Quote:

Might be angry over the killing of the big cheese, or completely intimidated and saying in effect that they get the message.
    And so it is door number two. Putin knows how to play this game very effectively. In the meantime, Mr. Biden needs a nap.