Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Children (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   I need ideas for keeping my 6 y/o twins busy. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=97760)

• Jun 1, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Forgiven
    I need ideas for keeping my 6 y/o twins busy.
    I am a nanny for 6 year old twins. Today was the last day of school and I will be taking care of them full days after they have this week off for vacation. They are good kids but when they get bored they begin to pester each other. I need ideas for keeping them interested and not bored. They don't like TV very much. The boy likes sports and the girl likes arts and crafts but I can't keep them doing that all summer. I like a little variety myself. :)

However, if you have good ideas for arts and crafts or sports related activities, I would appreciate those too.

Thanks for your help!
  • Jun 1, 2007, 09:28 PM
    Clough
    Maybe some things that you find on the following sites will be of use to you.

Free Kids Crafts & Activities Library - crafts, science, and more

The Activity Cupboard - Free Arts and Crafts Projects for Kids and Families

Summer Activities for Kids: Arts & Crafts

Open Directory - Kids and Teens: Sports and Hobbies: Crafts

Free Kids Sports and Activities Crafts Beaded Safety Pin Patterns

FamilyFun: Fun stuff for Kids, Parents - and More Family Fun

Author Jan Brett's Home Page - A Great Place for Ideas
  • Jun 1, 2007, 09:49 PM
    shygrneyzs
    Clough has given you some great sites. Here a couple more sites, a newsletter that is a freebie and a site from Supernanny.

Parenting advice, child development and family reference - FamilyEducation.com This is broken down into age brackets

Advice :: Travel, Play & Lifestyle
  • Jun 1, 2007, 10:51 PM
    Matt3046
    Thanks I have a 2 four year olds (one is my girlfriends the other mine) and they are wild maybe these will help
  • Jun 2, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Forgiven
    Thanks so much! I have used some of those but some are new to me. Thank you so much!
  • Jun 2, 2007, 06:59 AM
    shygrneyzs
    There is also a site called FamilyCorner.com Magazine | Your online source for free family fun, craft projects, parenting advice, and more.

You can sign up to get their newsletter. This week's features a cute sunflower jar kids can make.

Have lots of fun this Summer!
  • Jun 2, 2007, 08:24 AM
    Forgiven
    Thank you very much! :)
  • Jun 2, 2007, 10:00 AM
    NowWhat
    I have the same problem with my 6 year old. Now that she is out of school - I have to keep her busy. And since I only have one - it makes it harder to keep her occupied.
    Last summer, we had scheduled days to do things. On Mondays, we went to the local lake. They have a beach/swim area. She would play all day. We would pack a picnic lunch and make a day of it.
    We also enrolled in the summer reading program at the library. They have lunch and movie days, story time and have different people come in and talk to the kids. It's free and a great way to spend some time.
    I actually bought a summer activity book that has all kinds of stuff in it - from crafts, games to cooking fun stuff.

We recently found a great park/playground that I am sure we will be visiting a lot in this summer.
    Playdates with friends from school is also an option.

Have fun! Hope this helps.
  • Jun 2, 2007, 11:23 AM
    Forgiven
    Oh thanks, those are great ideas!
  • Jun 2, 2007, 12:06 PM
    Clough
    I especially like the park idea from NowWhat. By using a park, it could help to occupy the boy's interest in sports and you could still do things that interest the girl by keeping an eye on the boy at the same time maybe utilizing playtimes concerning sports with some of his friends.
  • Jun 2, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Forgiven
    Good idea, and we have several parks in the area. I did have that on the agenda. We'll do that every so often. Thanks. :)