Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Dating (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=374)
-   -   Why do men say they busy but act jealous? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=846471)

• Sep 16, 2019, 12:30 PM
    honeybun35
    Why do men say they busy but act jealous?
    I texted my fwb yesterday and he didn't reply. So next reply I said to him you must be busy just saying hi. Later he texted me saying he was in a pool tournament. I waited until today and I said oh ok. Then I texted are you ok. His reply was yes but busy.

He is the same man who snooped on my phone and wrote the name of another male friend of mine in a post. Yet he's to busy to text or whatever.
  • Sep 16, 2019, 12:57 PM
    Wondergirl
    Why are you texting him "hi" in the first place? Aren't you at work, too, or busy in some way? The men I know prefer to problem-solve and answer meaty questions rather than do fairly useless "hi" and "bye" texts.
  • Sep 16, 2019, 01:21 PM
    honeybun35
    what you mean hi and by. we can't get to anything else without that. He doesn't even know what I wanted. As far as me working that doesn't mean my phone don't exist. He is the one unemployed on disablity
  • Sep 16, 2019, 02:38 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybun35 View Post
    what you mean hi and by. we can't get to anything else without that. He doesn't even know what I wanted. As far as me working that doesn't mean my phone don't exist. He is the one unemployed on disablity

Thank you for that new information. It helps us respond to you better.

Just saying "hi" isn't enough. Ask a question or ask for his opinion about something. Otherwise, men I know think texting "hi" is just a waste of time.
  • Sep 16, 2019, 02:48 PM
    talaniman
    "You went through my phone and put my friends name on your facebook! WHY?"

Now that's a texts that begs an answer.
  • Sep 16, 2019, 08:57 PM
    Homegirl 50
    You still want to say hi after he went through your phone?
    Why? You are sounding pretty desperate.
  • Sep 17, 2019, 05:52 AM
    honeybun35
    He goes through my phone and make a post about another male friend of mine and I'm desperate? That's balanced.
  • Sep 17, 2019, 05:57 AM
    talaniman
    I call it desprate when he crosses the line and you do nothing. Your issue is with him, not us.
  • Sep 17, 2019, 06:19 AM
    honeybun35
    I know it's now with you guys on here. I just asked a question that's all.
    Maybe I did and he didn't answer me.I haven't seen him since then.
  • Sep 17, 2019, 09:12 AM
    talaniman
    Quote:

"You went through my phone and put my friends name on your facebook! WHY?"

You have texted but not this one. WHY?

That's what most people would do in your shoes.
  • Sep 17, 2019, 10:04 AM
    honeybun35
    ok let me explain this ok. I don't want to shame myself. Let's say the post had nothing to do with the guy that I was texting. He will think why do I think it was for me. Now other's I spoke to all said it was for me I think that. I don't want to let him know that I think that post was about me. He can turn it around.
  • Sep 17, 2019, 10:10 AM
    talaniman
    I do not understand what you are saying.
  • Sep 17, 2019, 10:14 AM
    honeybun35
    ok maybe we are speaking of 2 different things but you said ask him why?
    I said because he may defend that the post he made on Facebook is not about my friend. So therefore he will deny snooping.
  • Sep 17, 2019, 10:20 AM
    talaniman
    That assumption is not realistic. You ask what you want to know, and listen to whatever answer he gives. If it is unsatisfactory, then say so and act accordingly. That's how I approach some one, ANYONE, that has broken my trust, and worse, made it a public spectacal. Who puts up with that crap? WHY?