Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Child & Teen Health (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   What's wrong with me? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=826960)

• Aug 14, 2016, 08:06 PM
    yOHa
    What's wrong with me?
    Tooth ache/jaw, lower back pain, chest hurts, stomach hurts, ear ache, sniffling nose, hurts when I take deep breaths. Can someone please tell me what's wrong. By the way this started I think when I stayed in a hotel for Sea World. I got bad allergies when I stayed a night there and they haven't gone away since. I ve always have had back pain for 2+ years but my lower back pain started killing me today along with my stomach. My deep breathing has been hurting for more than a year now.
  • Aug 14, 2016, 09:14 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    You go, (or if you are a child, this is under teen health) have your parents take you to the doctor.

It sounds like perhaps several things, not one issue.
  • Aug 15, 2016, 04:04 AM
    joypulv
    See a good dentist. 25+ years ago I had a crack under a crown that didn't show on Xray, but it gave me severe bronchitis and fatigue from infection going down into my lungs. A periodontist identified it immediately and removed it, and I got better in a day or two. (My regular dentist didn't find it.)
    The 'allergies' could be low grade sinus infections from your teeth.

Second, if it isn't a jaw infection, go to a medical clinic and ask to be tested for Legionnaires Disease, just because this started at a hotel. Tests are a chest Xray, sputum sample, and urine sample. It's a form of pneumonia.

(I'm assuming that you are an adult from the way you write about this.)
  • Aug 16, 2016, 06:01 AM
    yOHa
    Quote:

Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    See a good dentist. 25+ years ago I had a crack under a crown that didn't show on X-ray, but it gave me severe bronchitis and fatigue from infection going down into my lungs. A periodontist identified it immediately and removed it, and I got better in a day or two. (My regular dentist didn't find it.)
    The 'allergies' could be low grade sinus infections from your teeth.

Second, if it isn't a jaw infection, go to a medical clinic and ask to be tested for Legionnaires Disease, just because this started at a hotel. Tests are a chest X-ray, sputum sample, and urine sample. It's a form of pneumonia.

(I'm assuming that you are an adult from the way you write about this.)

I also that it was a type of Pneumonia, also I'm a young adult ]
  • Aug 16, 2016, 08:30 AM
    talaniman
    What stops you from going to a REAL doctor and get tested and treated properly?
  • Aug 16, 2016, 02:04 PM
    joypulv
    I just noticed 'more than a year now.'
    I'm guessing that you do not have pneumonia for that long!
    Have you been out of the country in the last few years?
    You could have something unusual not occurring much in the US, such as a parasite.

You could have more than one serious condition.
    At this stage, everything is just guessing.
    Please answer talaniman's question.
    I'm guessing that you have no insurance. If you are in the US, there are plenty of ways to be seen at a clinic under Pell Grants.

Please answer!
  • Aug 17, 2016, 06:15 AM
    yOHa
    Quote:

Originally Posted by talaniman View Post

My mom hasn't taken me in a while I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by talaniman View Post

I'm actually going the 20th and the 22nd a dentist appointment, I was just wondering why my health is like this
  • Aug 18, 2016, 02:20 AM
    joypulv
    You are not a 'young adult' if you rely on parental support. Had I known, I would have just said that this is a job for parents. What do they say about all this?
    Your symptoms are too many, complicated, and confusing for the internet anyway. A doctor sees you, gets your and your family, examines you, does tests, asks questions and gets answers.
  • Aug 18, 2016, 09:58 PM
    yOHa
    Quote:

You are not a 'young adult' if you rely on parental support. Had I known, I would have just said that this is a job for parents. What do they say about all this?
    Your symptoms are too many, complicated, and confusing for the internet anyway. A doctor sees you, gets your and your family, examines you, does tests, asks questions and gets answers.

People consider young adult to be 14 and up by the way, never said I didn't rely on
    Parental support.

Quote:

Like I said before I'm just wondering what's wrong with me, wasn't looking for an exact illness. Just a "teenager" being curious.
  • Aug 19, 2016, 04:25 AM
    smoothy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by yOHa View Post
    People consider young adult to be 14 and up by the way, never said I didn't rely on
    Parental support.

Like I said before I'm just wondering what's wrong with me, wasn't looking for an exact illness. Just a "teenager" being curious.

14 and up is a teenager... the TEEN part of the age is what gives that away. Young Adult is someone 18 through their early 20's. Adult implies being someone of legal age, which in the USA is 18 or over.

Don't be in such a rush to want to be an adult, Enjoy your youth while you have it, because it really doesn't last that long....and you can never go back. You will have tons of responsibilities and obligations you DON'T have now as a teen.
  • Aug 19, 2016, 06:10 AM
    joypulv
    We VOLUNTEER our time here, and many people are in serious medical situations.
    You made it sound like yours is serious.
    Now you are 'just wondering,' and 'curious.'
    Thanks a bunch!
    PLEASE understand that a set of SYMPTOMS is usually meaningless. You can't just go online and get a diagnosis. I told you before why getting a full history and exam is vital.
    GOOD LUCK ANYWAY.
    You could have 'something' related to low back and stomach (maybe you mean abdominal?) pain. Chronic appendicitis might be a start for a teen. I'd guess that your upper body problems are a different condition from lower.
  • Aug 19, 2016, 11:08 PM
    yOHa
    Quote:

We VOLUNTEER our time here, and many people are in serious medical situations.
    You made it sound like yours is serious.
    Now you are 'just wondering,' and 'curious.'
    Thanks a bunch!
    PLEASE understand that a set of SYMPTOMS is usually meaningless. You can't just go online and get a diagnosis. I told you before why getting a full history and exam is vital.
    GOOD LUCK ANYWAY.
    You could have 'something' related to low back and stomach (maybe you mean abdominal?) pain. Chronic appendicitis might be a start for a teen. I'd guess that your upper body problems are a different condition from lower.

Jesus, I was just wondering before I go to the doctors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    14 and up is a teenager... the TEEN part of the age is what gives that away. Young Adult is someone 18 through their early 20's. Adult implies being someone of legal age, which in the USA is 18 or over.

Don't be in such a rush to want to be an adult, Enjoy your youth while you have it, because it really doesn't last that long....and you can never go back. You will have tons of responsibilities and obligations you DON'T have now as a teen.

Never said I wanted to be an adult I was just saying...