Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Pregnancy & New Motherhood (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=262)
-   -   Could I be pregnant? Or maybe an STD? Or flu? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=298277)

• Jan 2, 2009, 04:46 PM
    h0llister
    Could I be pregnant? Or maybe an STD? Or flu?
    Hey everyone, I had intercourse 2nights ago and I am on the pill and he wore a condom. But this morning I woke up and I felt great, but after about 2hours I puked and I have been really tired all day and I feel like I have period cramps, my breasts are tender and I have a headache.. but I only had sex 2 nights ago.. could I already have signs? And also my period week is suppose to start Sunday. But my period never borthers me. Could this maybe even be an STD? I need some advice please.
  • Jan 2, 2009, 04:50 PM
    J_9
    Sounds like the flu... it's too early for pregnancy or STD symptoms.
  • Jan 2, 2009, 04:54 PM
    h0llister

Ahh hopefully, thank you.
  • Jan 2, 2009, 05:32 PM
    h0llister

Also I had spotting this morning!
  • Jan 2, 2009, 08:43 PM
    kpangor

You pregnant
  • Jan 2, 2009, 08:51 PM
    ZoeMarie

It does sound more like the flu. It's too soon to have symptoms. If you're still worried, wait and see if you miss your period and then take a home pregnancy test.
  • Jan 2, 2009, 09:08 PM
    J_9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by h0llister View Post
    Also i had spotting this morning!!

You may just be getting your period early. You see it takes around 3 days for the sperm to travel up the vaginal canal, through the uterus and up the fallopian tubes where it is fertilized. Then it takes another 3 - 5 days to travel back down to the uterus where implantation takes place. 2 days is not enough time for fertilization.

As far as STDs, it takes far more than 2 days from the time of exposure to the onset of symptoms.
  • Jan 2, 2009, 09:30 PM
    h0llister

OK thank you guys, I'm suppose to get my period on Tuesday.. I know my cycle because I've been on birth control for a few years now.
  • Jan 3, 2009, 03:30 PM
    kpangor

j9 as soon as my conception took place I knew the next daay I felt different.. becose it did not happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen.. you want to talk about registered nurse my frriend was pregnant and she bled the first month and a ''registered nurse'' told her there is no way she is pregnant.. so perasonnaly I listen to my body I don't believe no nurse
  • Jan 3, 2009, 06:10 PM
    J_9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kpangor View Post
    j9 as soon as my conception took place i knew the next daay i felt diferent..becose it didnot happen to you doesnt mean it doesnt happen..you wanna talk about registered nurse my frriend was pregnant and she bled the first month and a ''registered nurse'' told her there is no way she is pregnant..so perasonnaly i listen to my body i dont beleive no nurse

You don't have to believe a nurse, but I can show you written literature as to how conception EXACTLY works. And yes, some women do bleed during the first few months of pregnancy, so that nurse was downright wrong.

Fertilization of the egg takes approximately 3 days after intercourse.
  • Jan 3, 2009, 06:15 PM
    kpangor

Well.. like they say each pregnancy is different some woman know from the moment it happens while others weeks after
  • Jan 3, 2009, 06:18 PM
    J_9
    Yes, each pregnancy is different, but the fact remains that it takes approx 3 days for the sperm to reach the egg. That is scientific proof. As a matter of fact, I have a beautiful video on this if you would like to see it.

NOVA Online | Life's Greatest Miracle | Watch the Program Here

Watch the second one, it's called The Egg's Journey.
  • Jan 5, 2009, 03:50 PM
    kpangor

Nice vid j9