Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Skin Lightening (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=386)
-   -   Skin Lightening for Pale Skin (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=253190)

• Aug 26, 2008, 09:10 AM
    ChihuahuaMomma
    Skin Lightening for Pale Skin
    Hi there, I was wondering a few things.

What would happen if someone that is extremely pale used skin lightner? Would it get rid of my redness? Scars? Freckles?
  • Aug 26, 2008, 09:58 AM
    tickle
    Skin lightener will not get rid of scars, nor redness, although there is medication for rousacea (sp) which is red splotches on the face (Bill Clinton has this condition).

Laser gets rid of scars and constant exfoliation does as well.

As for freckles, no don't think so, they are pretty deeply ingrained in our derma.

However, years ago I used a product called Procelana which was excellent for removing sun spots.
  • Aug 26, 2008, 10:01 AM
    ChihuahuaMomma
    I'm just wondering what it would do. I don't want to get rid of my freckles. I don't have rosecea, but redness from KP. And I've used constant exfoliation all the time. As far as the laser goes, I don't think I am there yet.
  • Aug 26, 2008, 12:57 PM
    tickle
    If you just want to even out your skin tone I would suggest Porcelana. I was about your age (I assume) when I used it and it did a great job. Was impressed by the product. It went on at night greaseless and made my skin soft and brown spot free (at that time I was constantly in the sun). I guess you could Google it to see if it is still available. I would use it again.
  • Aug 26, 2008, 01:00 PM
    kpangor
    If U Pale And Use Skin Lighteners All U Get Is Burn Or Maybe If U Lucky It Will Even U Out,but As Far As Redness It Won't Help U Get Rid Of It
  • Aug 26, 2008, 09:09 PM
    ChihuahuaMomma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tickle
    If you just want to even out your skin tone I would suggest Porcelana. I was about your age (I assume) when I used it and it did a great job. Was impressed by the product. It went on at night greaseless and made my skin soft and brown spot free (at that time I was constantly in the sun). I guess you could google it to see if it is still available. I would use it again.

Will this help to fade scars?
  • Aug 27, 2008, 02:15 AM
    tickle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    Will this help to fade scars?

No, we already talked about that, in first post. Scars are scars. You said you exfoliated a lot, so that will help over time as well. Have you tried the exfoliation kits?
  • Aug 27, 2008, 05:30 AM
    Missj28
    Hi chih, you could try surgical scar revission, or even Mederma, its an over the counter cream for scars.
  • Aug 27, 2008, 11:16 AM
    ChihuahuaMomma
    I do exfoliate, and I've tried mederma, trust me, I've tried everything. Over time? SO more time than 18 years? Most of my scars are 18 years old and they are still very visible.