Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Computers for Beginners (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   No sound when online (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=81655)

• Apr 11, 2007, 05:06 PM
    aefs33
    No sound when online
    I have sound when I play video that I have downloaded or anything when I am offline, but there is no sound online
  • Apr 13, 2007, 04:50 PM
    jsnbrd
    In your internet explorer or web browser go to the tools tab and select internet options. From there scroll down to the multimedia settigns and check to see if the correct boxes are checked that allow sound transmission
  • Dec 23, 2007, 03:27 PM
    MoSho
    "The problem is really the mapping of wavemapper in Windows registry as reported by one member of the forum. All you need to do is to open registry editor by going to Start menu, Run, typing regedit and then Enter. After that, in the registry editor, walk yourself through the tree in the left pane, till you reach

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Win dows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

And then on the right pane, right click and click on New, select String value, enter "wavemapper" (without quots of course), ENTER, type "msacm32.drv", ENTER.

Close the editor. No need to restart. Video on Google and YouTube et al would work fine now.

Thanks to the member who pointed out the key. I just mentioned the procedure.

Have a nice day!"
  • Apr 19, 2009, 08:11 PM
    olen1009
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MoSho View Post
    "The problem is really the mapping of wavemapper in Windows registry as reported by one member of the forum. All you need to do is to open registry editor by going to Start menu, Run, typing regedit and then Enter. After that, in the registry editor, walk yourself through the tree in the left pane, till you reach

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Win dows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

And then on the right pane, right click and click on New, select String value, enter "wavemapper" (without quots of course), ENTER, type "msacm32.drv", ENTER.

Close the editor. No need to restart. Video on Google and YouTube et al would work fine now.

Thanks to the member who pointed out the key. I just mentioned the procedure.

Have a nice day!"

That would be a great answer it if helped me. I checked with regedit and wavemapper is in the registry as instructed... but I do no hear flash/swf files, though the video is fine. Also, if downloaded the swf file won't play with Real Player, but VLC Media Player will play them. Very weird. Is this a mime definition problem?
  • Sep 26, 2010, 06:09 AM
    eriko
    Thanks a milli mosho u saved me frm formatting my computer.. Worked great..
  • Jan 24, 2012, 05:48 PM
    ahahahelpme
    How would I do this procedure on windows 7? I am having the same problem. Email me at: [email protected]
  • Nov 16, 2012, 05:19 PM
    LHme
    11/16/2012

I had the same issue whereas I suddenly lost audio using Google Chrome for online and flash videos. I tried everything including uninstalling many programs & re-installing, downloading codecs, registry fixes & tweaking my computer. I have finally fixed this problem with my computer (running on Windows 7) by typing chrome://plugins/ in the address bar to start. On the plug-ins page, you first see Adobe Flash Player & all the way to the right side of the page is the details link to expand information for Adobe Flash Player -- Click on that. All you have to do is disable the following Shockwave Flash version 11.5.31.2

Name: Shockwave Flash
    Description: Shockwave Flash 11.5 r31
    Version: 11.5.31.2
    Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\23.0.1271.64\Peppe rFlash\pepflashplayer.dll
    Type: PPAPI (out-of-process)

Of course, my information is limited to my situation, but this was a hell of a problem for me and I'm ecstatic to have YouTube audio back again! After two weeks of research & experiments, I noticed complaints about PepperFlash which is the flash that your disabling in the above steps. I had two versions of flash; the other (currently in use) is Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502.

**This is a fix if you suddenly lost audio for online videos while the video itself plays fine, just without sound.**
  • Nov 23, 2012, 09:40 AM
    sirthomasrules
    Right you need to go to the voume control and it should have the volume for each thing. If you are watching a video or listening to something make sure the sound is turned up. If not you should restart your computer
    Hope this helps