Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Computers for Beginners (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Advant or IE or Firefox (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=143042)

• Oct 21, 2007, 12:21 AM
    FRISP
    Advant or IE or Firefox
    As a browser which is recommended & why.
  • Oct 22, 2007, 10:18 AM
    NeedKarma
    Big Firefox fan here. Love the speed and add-ons. Can't imagine surfing without AdBlock Plus and other extensions and themes I like.
  • Oct 24, 2007, 03:10 AM
    uiyo_90_09
    Personally I like IE, since I don't use Avant, I cannot comment on it. Firefox is very good browser and a lot of facilities has been given to the user. You can use these 3 browser separately to explore yourself and find which one looking better to you.
  • Oct 24, 2007, 11:34 AM
    Tj3
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FRISP
    As a browser which is recommended & why.

Firefox. I have found it to be more stable, and I like it features and optional plug-ins.
  • Oct 24, 2007, 11:52 AM
    retsoksirhc
    I used to be a big Firefox fan, because it wasn't as vulnerable to spyware, adware, and browser hijacking, and you got tabs to play with. Plus, there are lots of cool extensions.

Since IE7 came out, it's been a lot more stable and secure, and they added tabs. They don't have as many addons, though.

If you want to go with IE, go with version 7. I run IE now because it's just so integrated with windows, but on linux I run Firefox. I haven't used advant. There are still quite a few people using Opera, too.
  • Oct 24, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Solo47
    I used to use Firefox when I had a Windows XP computer, in the XP operating system I believe that Firefox is more stable than any version of IE.

But since I got my new computer which is Windows Vista, I have found IE to be a better experience all round, faster load times, less crashing and generally just works a lot better.

Not sure of the reasons for this but I find it to be the truth.

Note: I did read a survey claiming that Opera is in fact the best browser out there, in the experiments that were carried out Opera won every time, I have never used this browser myself but it did seem to be a quite genuine survey. Sorry I cannot provide the link to this survey as it was a good few months ago I read it.

Hope my post helps in some way =)
  • Oct 26, 2007, 10:48 AM
    HVAC888
    Avant is what I use. I find it is updated frequently (almost to frequently :cool: ) but it means that it is well supported. It has tabbed windows, all the necessary blockers including stopping flash, java, etc. I find it quite speedy too.
  • Oct 26, 2007, 12:11 PM
    DaBaAd
    Firefox all the way! It has a built in dynamic "find in this page" feature that works great.

I found that by using IE, I had too many intrustions, i.e. spyware, adware, etc. even though I used the security settings. MS makes it too complicated. Forget IE7!
  • Oct 28, 2007, 11:37 AM
    fallen2grace
    I have used IE and Firefox.

I hated Firefox. I don't know why. I just did. Maybe I ddint know how to use it right but I don't know.

I would go with IE myself. But I hear Firefox is better because it crashes less or something.
  • Oct 29, 2007, 11:43 AM
    omatic
    Firefox seems to have much less vulnerability, it's faster, and the interface (in my opinion) is nicer.

I've used IE in the past, and it was a nightmare of pop-ups, spyware, and other problems that just caused me grief.