Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Relationships (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   He asked for a Break! (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=565523)

• Mar 26, 2011, 03:44 PM
    flowerbouquet
    He asked for a Break!!
    My life has not been stable since 4 years.ive been in 2 relationships that I ended with a break up! And the guy that I'm dating since 10 months has changed my life completely. I love the most and recently I had to move back to my home town as my contract was ended unexpectedlly...

We're basically living in a different country.but he has a job that allows him to visit me frequently.Ive been devastated due to my job lost that I loved the most as in this recession days its difficult to find a job.he know the fact that I'm down since..

We planned to get married since few months ago.. but now he is being the 'mamas boy' listening to his mom... she does not like me and he is stressed out.. he does not share with me lot about what he does on a regular basis no more. But I'm aware that he has a lot of women friends because whenever ill be having conference call with him he'll receive lots of text and calls.. and when I ask he says,its his guy frens..

How am I supposed to know if he is not lying? He did betrayed me once in the beginning of our relationship although he says he Love me,he does not care about me no more and he asked for break.? No idea how long?

I'm hurt he wants a break thou I'm far.but I never bugged him to talk to me 24/7!! I'm feeling miserable, and my thoughts are running wild!! Shall I wait for him?? Help me!?
  • Mar 26, 2011, 05:55 PM
    talaniman

You have had a lot of bad things happen in a short time but I think it best you focus on yourself and leave the mama boy alone so maybe you can get to a better place.

Sorry for your loss, but it will take time to sort out your frustration, and I hope you have friends and family around you to support you through your hard times.
  • Mar 26, 2011, 11:19 PM
    amicon

I think you start,with the help of family and friend's to move on with your life-he betrayed you once,he keeps asking for breaks plus he is a mummy's boy-huge red flags.

Take your time to heal,and realise that you are fine just being you.

You don't have to have a boyfriend,but when you are ready you'll meet someone who is nice,caring and who will treat you with respect.
  • Mar 27, 2011, 05:59 AM
    Devorameira

If he's a cheat, there's nothing you can do about it or anyway to find out for sure, but with your doubts, I think it's time to move on.

Since you have so much stuff going on in your life, you'd be wise to stop worrying about the mommy's boy and worry about getting yourself back on track. Why not just hang out with friends and concentrate on getting a new job and possibly a new fellow?
  • Mar 27, 2011, 09:08 AM
    flowerbouquet
    Thank you very much... it really helps but I love him loads! And there is no way I can forget him. I'm in a deep depresion and frustation since he asked for break.its 3 months since I'm looking for job and can't find nytin suitable and I'm isolating myself frm my freiends as I don't like to share my personal issues with them thou I know my frens will be there to support me and stand by me if anything goes wrong.he promise to call me within 1 week and still he has not called? He texted earlier today telling me tat he is going through some financial problem and he has debts to pay off.. he is choosing his mom over me.he will be visiting his mom thou he had visited her last week.but sadlly,I'm left out since 35 days.but I heard from some of our mutual frens in Facebook tat he is partying and having fun! How can he possiblee do tat when I'm in a state of depression.he told me he needs a break! but for what?? when I asked him what's actually the problem he is gon through... he gave me a 'clue' which is 'bad' and 'us'. I have done anything.but been faithfull,honest truthfull to him.I want to understand him.but he just wants to be alone to have fun!!
  • Mar 27, 2011, 09:12 AM
    amicon

Then you start by getting help for your depression,make an appointment to see your doctor,and do please reach out to your friends.
  • Mar 28, 2011, 05:07 PM
    flowerbouquet
    Thanks guys.really appreciated.ive meet the therapist n have called a friend to share.. and it really helped.thank u again.
  • Mar 28, 2011, 05:27 PM
    Homegirl 50

You keep taking care of yourself and leave this guy alone. He is not worth it.
  • Mar 28, 2011, 11:15 PM
    amicon

You're on the right track now,keep going.
    Good luck.