Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Desktops (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=427)
-   -   Graphic card & CPU help (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=823198)

• Mar 24, 2016, 05:11 PM
    7up
    Graphic card & CPU help
    I'm looking to upgrade my graphic card and the cpu on my desktop PC.my graphic card is a PCIEXPRESS GDDR3 and my CPU is LA775 SLOT on a COMPAQ PRESARIO SR2011WM desktop.now as for the games I play on my PC are mostly simulator,racing,and club pogo.I'm not looking for the best hardware but just something that's good speed and a smooth play with no jumping.

Thanks 4 any and all help
  • Mar 25, 2016, 11:42 AM
    cdad
    You might want to think of getting a new machine rather then spending on upgrades for this one.

The way it specs out your going to need additional memory and ading it all together it may not be worth it in the long run to upgrade what you have.
  • Mar 26, 2016, 04:28 PM
    Appzalien
    If your present hardware played the games just fine until recently, it may be that your slow downs and jumping during games are not a result of hardware at all. I used to reinstall my OS every 6 months or so until I started doing things in a different way (using a file wiper one pass instead of recycle bin for deleting files, doing regular defragmenting and installing my games on a D drive instead of C to make it easier to keep C clean small and orderly). If it is your system that is slowing things down no amount of additional ram or CPU speed will probably help. Let us know what you do to keep your system in order, like when is the last time you defragmented the drive. Updating graphics drivers without completely deleting the previous ones often causes games not to run as good as when the old drivers were installed as well. Deleting unused programs often helps and not using programs that tend to run in the background also helps. What OS are you running? What antivirus and firewall.
  • Mar 26, 2016, 06:24 PM
    7up
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Appzalien View Post
    If your present hardware played the games just fine until recently, it may be that your slow downs and jumping during games are not a result of hardware at all. I used to reinstall my OS every 6 months or so until I started doing things in a different way (using a file wiper one pass instead of recycle bin for deleting files, doing regular defragmenting and installing my games on a D drive instead of C to make it easier to keep C clean small and orderly). If it is your system that is slowing things down no amount of additional ram or CPU speed will probably help. Let us know what you do to keep your system in order, like when is the last time you defragmented the drive. Updating graphics drivers without completely deleting the previous ones often causes games not to run as good as when the old drivers were installed as well. Deleting unused programs often helps and not using programs that tend to run in the background also helps. What OS are you running? What antivirus and firewall.

none of my games play at all on my video card that's why I want to upgrade it but not sure what to buy I'm looking for a middle end card somewhere under $100.so if u can tell me the spec to look for to find that kind of video card I can handle the rest
  • Mar 27, 2016, 05:44 AM
    cdad
    Im going to be quite frank here and say I wouldnt waste my time on that machine. Its just not worth it.

COMPAQ Desktop PC Presario SR2011WM(RF800AS) Celeron D 352 (3.20 GHz) 512 MB DDR2 80 GB HDD Windows XP Media Center

Amazon.com: HP Desktop Core 2 Duo 3.00GHZ 4GB 1TB DVD Windows 7 PRO 64 Bit , WIFI ,19" LCD: Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: Dell OptiPlex 760 Desktop Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz Processor 4GB Memory 80GB Hard Drive DVD-ROM Genuine Windows 7 Professional 32-Bit 17" Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, and Speakers: Computers & Accessories

The links above show that machines are out there for what your willing to pay for a graphics card. Your system specs are so low its just not worth upgrading.