Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Women's Health (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=357)
-   -   Yeast infection or more? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=204567)

• Apr 10, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Crysi
    Yeast infection or more?
    Hello, has any of you ladies experienced a constant brown vaginal discharge, almost throughout the entire cycle? Also I notice as I write, when I suck in my stomach, my lower abdomen feels funny, like kind of (slightly) sore. I think I had some cramping earlier today. And while showering I saw a small clot (dark red). This is really freaking me out. Could an yeast infection cause these symptoms? Please anyone, what could this be?

I am sexually active with ONE partner. 20yrs
  • Apr 10, 2008, 04:29 PM
    twinkiedooter
    This sounds more like a problem with your uterus or your ovaries. Yeast infections are like white cottage cheese not brown. Please go see your gyno as this does not sound normal.
  • Apr 10, 2008, 05:11 PM
    Alty
    I agree with twinkie, time to go to the doctor. None of us can diagnose you over the internet, not even a doctor can do that. Go get some tests done and find out if anything is wrong.

Good Luck.
  • Apr 11, 2008, 10:21 AM
    Synnen
    See your doctor. Constant discharge, especially that of old blood, is a probable sign of a major problem.

You NEED to make sure your body is okay, and it sounds like it is not. I have no idea what it COULD be, but I know what it isn't: It isn't normal.

Get to your doctor ASAP.
  • Apr 11, 2008, 10:27 AM
    Synnen
    <Moved from Adult Sexuality>
  • Apr 11, 2008, 01:48 PM
    J_9
    This need to be explored by your OB/GYN. Please make an appointment ASAP, it could be any number of things, but it does not sound like a yeast infection.
  • Apr 11, 2008, 02:10 PM
    artemis719
    Actually I have no idea what it could be, I have also been experiencing this brown discharge and it has a strange odor? Does yours have an odor? I am hoping it is only that my period is going to come. Maybe you should ask a doctor. The important thing is that you have no itching.
  • Apr 13, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Crysi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by artemis719
    Actually I have no idea what it could be, I have also been experiencing this brown discharge and it has a strange odor? Does yours have an odor? I am hoping it is only that my period is going to come. Maybe you should ask a doctor. The important thing is that you have no itching.

I think it smells pretty normal.. not fishy or anything! I only have slight itcing (sometimes)where the panties line on the upper/inner thighs. When I had now started my periods,(age12), I was diagnosed with a hormonal imbalance, because they were irregular. I've never gotten any sort of treatment. Maybe these could be the symptoms.
  • Apr 13, 2008, 01:43 PM
    Alty
    Crysi, I have no idea what this could be. No one can diagnose this over the internet, we don't have that kind of talent. ;)

I suggest you go to your doctor and get it checked. It could be something simple, but better safe that sorry.

Keep us updated.

Good Luck.
  • Apr 13, 2008, 01:50 PM
    Crysi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Crysi, I have no idea what this could be. No one can diagnose this over the internet, we don't have that kind of talent. ;)

I suggest you go to your doctor and get it checked. It could be something simple, but better safe that sorry.

Keep us updated.

Good Luck.

Thanks! I will keep you updated..
  • Apr 13, 2008, 02:01 PM
    Alty
    I'll be here.

Take care.