Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Dentistry (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Free Braces? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=294855)

• Dec 22, 2008, 01:42 PM
    chrissymarie
    Free Braces?
    Does anyone know anyway it is possible to get free braces or really discounted braces? My insurance won't cover it...
  • Dec 22, 2008, 02:36 PM
    twinkiedooter

There are some dentists who have pay as you go plans. Am not aware of any free anything.
  • Dec 22, 2008, 05:06 PM
    jillianleab

You can try a dental school for lower prices, but you are unlikely to get them for free. Every orthodontist I know of establishes a payment plan, usually with no interest. You would pay something like 10% to have them put on, and then pay monthly installments over two years or so.

Go for some consultations and talk about your payment options, as well as the cost for your braces. It might be less than you think. Orthodontics can range in price - you might get a quote of $8,000 at one place, and $3,000 at another. Don't assume this is because of lack of skill or compromised treatment, it could be simply the difference in the profit the ortho is looking to make.
  • Dec 22, 2008, 05:19 PM
    twinkiedooter

Also, it has a lot to do with how "off" your teeth are. If the teeth are very twisted, it would involve more dental visits versus "just a little" bit wrong with your teeth. Also, if you need to have any teeth pulled to make room for a more natural smile, this would cost as well. I had to have 4 permanent teeth pulled when I was a kid (my K-9's) to make some room for my teeth to be properly straightened.
  • Dec 6, 2009, 03:44 PM
    amari_archer
    How do u get it? Where do u go?
  • Dec 6, 2009, 07:36 PM
    Amir1981

Nothing is free in life! Some dental schools offer cheap braces, but I don't know, at my school we only treated kids
  • Dec 24, 2009, 01:50 AM
    katterine

You could go to a dental school near you. I have seen this described in a website I recently visited, here it is: Dental Cool: How Can I Get Cheap Dental Braces
  • Oct 19, 2011, 01:52 PM
    angelinab29
    All you have to do is tell your dentist you are in pain with your teeth just say they fell sqwashed you might get a retainer if you say that but if you really want them then just say you fell as if your teeth are pulling out and going in that's how I got mine xx [IMG]c7f5e7dab01735510[/IMG]
  • Oct 27, 2011, 07:18 PM
    melinda1978
    Not sure how good your credit is but Care Credit and Chase Advance Health offer financing upon approval.
  • Aug 2, 2012, 03:06 PM
    michvon
    Visit www.s4l.org for more information on how to obtain free braces for children 11-18 years of age. Smile for a Lifetime have 120 chapters in 40 states and Canada. Once at the website you can click on the U.S. map to contact the nearest chapter to you.