Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Home Schooling (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Home schooling Fail I was given up on (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=374899)

• Jul 12, 2009, 08:42 PM
    DaseEngle
    Home schooling Fail I was given up on
    My parrents tried to home school me but they got tired of it and that was it for me I mad it to the 6th grade and now that I'm 19 I realywant to get my ged and go to collage and start my life but I need help :/ I've been looking for almost a year now and I can't find anything that I can afforde and make time for
  • Jul 12, 2009, 08:46 PM
    Wondergirl

Why bother with college? It would take years to get a GED. Check into vocational training. Plumbers and electricians and mechanics (the "trades") do very well. If you make it through college, you will end up in an office shuffling papers.
  • Jul 12, 2009, 08:58 PM
    DaseEngle

Yea I'm realing shooting for the army I want to join as a firefighter
    GoArmy.com > Careers & Jobs > Firefighter (21M) I just need my ged
  • Jul 12, 2009, 09:12 PM
    DaseEngle

I'm just having such a hard time with trying to get help I've tried to help myself but I can't get math worth a crap:/
    And my family doesn't care enough to help me
    Right now I'm working 40hours a week part time at a state park doing any type of maintenance you can think of pluming, electrical, small engine repair, landscaping, ETC ETC I'm good with my hands and I'm a very hard worker and I was always kind of shooting for a trade school and what not but recentley I
    Stopped to help a women who had been in a car accident
    I was told had I not been there she whould have died and that's when I relised I wanted to help people
  • Jul 12, 2009, 09:34 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DaseEngle View Post
    im just haveing such a hard time with trying to get help ive tryed to help myself but i can't get math worth a crap:/
    and my family dosent care enough to help me
    right now im working 40hours a week part time at a state park doing any type of maintenance you can think of pluming, electrical, small engine repair, landscaping, ETC ETC im good with my hands and im a very hard worker and i was always kinda shooting for a trade school and what not but recentley i
    stoped to help a women who had been in a car accident
    i was told had i not been there she whould have died and thats wen i relised i wanted to help people

Forget the Army. Just become a firefighter? Or is a GED necessary?

Where do you live? You need a tutor.
  • Jul 13, 2009, 02:09 PM
    DaseEngle
    Huntsville Alabama and I need my ged for it lol
  • Jul 13, 2009, 02:09 PM
    DaseEngle
    Huntsville Alabama and I need my ged for it lol
  • Jul 13, 2009, 02:47 PM
    jenniepepsi

Hey hon.

At 19 you are still young enough for job corps. They can give you a place to stay, feed you, an allowance, and they will get you a GED while you train in a vocation/trade.

Job Corps Center Locations
  • Jul 14, 2009, 09:54 AM
    DaseEngle
    Wow thanks that's going to help me I'm going to look into it a bit more but I think that's just what I need :) thank you so much for your help