Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Adult Sexuality (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=370)
-   -   Crying During Sex (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=130281)

• Sep 16, 2007, 05:22 PM
    Honeybee88x
    Crying During Sex
    This is my first question and I'm very nervous about posting such a personal and potentially embarrassing issue.

My problem is that sometimes when I am having sex with my boyfriend it feels so intense and overwhelming that I burst into tears, I love my boyfriend and he loves me. I'm not crying because it hurts because it doesn't hurt in the slightest (im usually well lubricated) or because I don't want to have sex, because I love having sex with my boyfriend, he always talks to me while were having sex and will always stop if I tell him its uncomfortable, he would hate to hurt me. It always feels so good but then all of a sudden it will start to feel too intense and I feel like I can't cope with that amount of pleasure and end up crying and asking my boyfriend to stop. He always holds me while I cry and then asks me what's wrong and I just can't tell him because I don't know! :( he wants to help and he thinks that he's hurting me but I just won't admit it and that's just not the case, he now thinks I'm lying to him and has started to think that I'm faking orgasms as well so he's become insecure. I'm 19 and so is my boyfriend, we both live in the UK so we're legal. (just in case anyone asks!)

Anyway, questions...

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Does anyone know why this is happening?
  • Sep 16, 2007, 05:25 PM
    GlindaofOz
    Is he the first person you have ever been intimate with?
  • Sep 16, 2007, 05:30 PM
    Honeybee88x
    Yes we both lost our virginity to each other about 2 years ago and have been in a relationship together for 3 years, although my boyfriend was sexually intimate with another girl before me but they didn't have sex.
  • Sep 16, 2007, 05:31 PM
    GlindaofOz
    Have you always cried during intercourse?

Do you get the same feeling during other sexual activity or is it just sex?
  • Sep 16, 2007, 05:32 PM
    GlindaofOz
    Do you feel that sex is just so intimate that it intensifies your feelings for your boyfriend to the point that those feelings rush you and make you feel overwhelmed?

I'm sorry for so many questions I'm just trying to understand as much as possible
  • Sep 16, 2007, 05:33 PM
    Wondergirl
    Just tell him how wonderful it feels and that you are overwhelmed with love for him.
  • Sep 16, 2007, 05:33 PM
    Honeybee88x
    It's just sex. I'm fine with other sexual activities. No this has just started happening over the last couple of months.
  • Sep 16, 2007, 05:36 PM
    Honeybee88x
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    Do you feel that sex is just so intimate that it intensifies your feelings for your boyfriend to the point that those feelings rush you and make you feel overwhelmed?

I'm sorry for so many questions I'm just trying to understand as much as possible

Yeah that's sounds kind of like how I feel.
  • Sep 16, 2007, 05:36 PM
    GlindaofOz
    Have you had your hormonal levels checked? Have you recently gone on or off birth control pills?

Usually crying during or after sex has to do with the influx of hormones that flood the body during sexual intercourse. You are experience the rapid rise and fall of hormones in the body which can set off things like crying (just like with PMS).
  • Sep 16, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Honeybee88x
    OMG! I never thought about that. Ever since we first started having sex, I have tried every different type of pill, injection, implant etc that you can think of and none of it was right for me, so about 9 months ago I stopped using any hormonal cotraceptives and we've just been using condoms. This problem started about 6 months ago so that's probably the reason, I'll go and get checks and see if it's that. Thanks :)
  • Sep 16, 2007, 05:43 PM
    GlindaofOz
    No problem. I know if it was me I would feel like I was going nutty or something.

It might even still be your body adjusting to life without the pill. It can take some time for it to work its way out of your system. I'd talk to your doctor and see what they have to say.
  • Sep 16, 2007, 05:43 PM
    J_9
    Is it possible that you are pregnant?
  • Sep 16, 2007, 05:49 PM
    Honeybee88x
    :p yeah I feel like I'm going mad! I'm like... this should be fun why are you crying you weirdo!

I did have a pregnency scare about a week ago I took the morning after pill but I'm still worried just waiting for my period. Its not due for another week yet so I'm not late or anything. But that can't be the reason that I'm crying during sex because that isssue has been happening for months and I've had my periods like normal.
  • Sep 16, 2007, 09:21 PM
    letmetellu
    I am a male and I have had that experience on many occasions. I can not explain the feeling or why I am feeling that way.
  • Sep 17, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Ash123

Sounds normal.

**Unless you are reliving a past trauma/abuse or are experiencing pain or gult during sex, i think it sounds like you are just passionately loving.