Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Pest Control (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=251)
-   -   Mystery bugs (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=722679)

• Dec 14, 2012, 08:14 PM
    Bug sufferer
    Mystery bugs
    Been itching for weeks. Getting black specks sometimes white or clear dots and small looking bits of tobacco which obviously aren't tobacco. The black specks are the bugs I believe some are almost impossible to see whereas others are a little larger but still not big enough to make out what they are. I'm extremely sensitive whereas my partner says I'm being paranoid. (I'M NOT!) Changed bed sheets we both bath everyday what are they?? They're not headlice I know what they look like these are much harder to find and get rid of whatever they are! They aren't 'animal' fleas they're too small for that. We have no pets, but around the time this started I had a friend round who works with horses and has a pet cat maybe just coincidence? Help me please!
  • Dec 14, 2012, 08:30 PM
    Bug sufferer
    Can I just add as well this is having a really negative impact on my whole life my daughter whose 4 lives with her father and I'm not even having her here at weekends now because I'm worried whatever they are she'll catch and take to back to her father's I am still seeing her but don't even have cuddles now in case she gets them. :-( Its having a knock on effect on my whole life.
  • Dec 15, 2012, 09:21 PM
    Bug sufferer
    Can anyone offer any suggestions please? :-(
  • Dec 15, 2012, 09:22 PM
    teacherjenn4
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bug sufferer View Post
    Can anyone offer any suggestions please?? :-(

Can you take a sample to an exterminator?
  • Dec 15, 2012, 09:47 PM
    Bug sufferer
    I don't think so. I think it would be too expensive I'm off sick, my partner works 6 days a week but were broke especially with christmas coming up. X
  • Dec 15, 2012, 09:49 PM
    Bug sufferer
    And not sure if its more of a skin complaint rather than an extermination issue it might be but clueless either way. X
  • Dec 15, 2012, 09:51 PM
    Bug sufferer
    If we do pay for an exterminator we want to be sure it's a pest control issue first. X
  • Dec 15, 2012, 09:51 PM
    Wondergirl
    What about a university. Is there one near you?
  • Dec 15, 2012, 09:53 PM
    Bug sufferer
    I really don't know what to do I was going to have my daughters at my mothers bt she'd worried if it scabies someone will catch it. X
  • Dec 15, 2012, 09:54 PM
    Bug sufferer
    The above I was referring to xmas. X
  • Dec 15, 2012, 09:55 PM
    Bug sufferer
    Umm, not a university as such bu there is a college. X
  • Dec 15, 2012, 09:57 PM
    Bug sufferer
    Another issue is I have hardly any bites even though I itch all the time as I don't have a rash my docter doesn't want to treat me! X
    Wondergirl
    If there is a biology department, one of the professors might be willing to look at this for free. Call over there.
    Wondergirl
    Where do you live?
  • Dec 15, 2012, 10:01 PM
    Bug sufferer
    Umm, not a university as such bu there is a college. X
  • Dec 15, 2012, 10:04 PM
    Bug sufferer
    Well anything is worth a shot I live down the same road, I'll take them in. I hope they don't think I'm crazy lol. I've got a few of the small seedy/ tobacco looking 'shell' things in a little container already. X
  • Dec 15, 2012, 10:05 PM
    Bug sufferer
    I just don't understand it I looked everywhere on the net for itching bugs that leave these and couldn't find any that matched the description! :-( x
  • Dec 15, 2012, 10:06 PM
    teacherjenn4
    You must not want to do something about this because you are willing to not have your daughter in your home or cuddle with her. That's not good at all! Take the bugs to a college or an exterminator. Isn't your relationship with her important to you?
  • Dec 15, 2012, 10:16 PM
    Bug sufferer
    I would be selfish and stupid to give my daughter scabies if I have them or bed bugs. I don't know if you have kids but to me they come before my own wants. I cannot afford an exterminator with xmas a couple of weeks away
  • Dec 15, 2012, 10:17 PM
    Bug sufferer
    There is a line between being rude and giving criticsm. To say I don't love my daughter is sick. I lost my 5 month old son a week ago. You should think about how you say things