Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Interior Home Improvement (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   What is that Room and Linen Spray for? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=481896)

• Jun 22, 2010, 08:05 AM
    HotPotato2009
    What is that Room and Linen Spray for?
    I'm looking through my Avon book and there are bottles of Room and Linen spray. I was thinking of buying some, but what are they used on?

Thanks!
  • Jun 22, 2010, 08:11 AM
    tickle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by HotPotato2009 View Post
    I'm looking through my Avon book and there are bottles of Room and Linen spray. I was thinking of buying some, but what are they used on??

Thanks!

Hi Hot, it is a room spray, air freshener sort of stuff. It is actually quite nice. I prefer the linen scent. It isn't so overpowering.

Tick
  • Jun 22, 2010, 08:28 AM
    J_9
    Ummm to make the room smell good?
  • Jun 22, 2010, 08:35 AM
    HotPotato2009

@ Tickle - Ok, so you just spray it like air freshener?
  • Jun 22, 2010, 08:37 AM
    tickle
    Quote:

@ Tickle - Ok, so you just spray it like air freshener?

Yes, I think the Avon book would have said what it was used for, or give a pretty good idea.

You will enjoy it !
  • Jun 22, 2010, 08:39 AM
    HotPotato2009
    Quote:

Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Ummm to make the room smell good?

I am aware that it "makes the room smell good". I never used the stuff before, I always used plug ins or air freshener. I thought that the room linen spray was for spraying a certain potpourri thing. That's why I asked.
  • Jun 22, 2010, 08:40 AM
    HotPotato2009

@ Tickle - No, the Avon book didn't describe what it does at all. Thanks Tickle :-)
  • Jun 22, 2010, 08:43 AM
    tickle
    Quote:

@ Tickle - No, the Avon book didnt describe what it does at all. Thanks Tickle :-)

Hot, any time, glad to help, you have a great day:D
  • Jun 22, 2010, 11:30 AM
    inluvinga

If it is room and linen spray, you use just like you would air freshener, but it is also safe to use on your bedsheets, towels, jackets and so, just to freshen them up.
  • Jun 22, 2010, 11:46 AM
    NeedKarma
    It covers up bad smells. Best to go after the source of the bad smell.
  • Jun 22, 2010, 11:59 AM
    HotPotato2009

Oh OK. That makes sense to me now :-)
  • Jun 22, 2010, 12:22 PM
    Kitkat22
    Quote:

Oh ok. That makes sense to me now :-)

Also on drapes and throw pillows. I also spray a little in the water of my vacuum cleaner...
  • Jun 22, 2010, 12:30 PM
    tickle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Also on drapes and throw pillows. I also spray a little in the water of my vaccum cleaner....

Yes, of course, it is better then Frebreeze that way ! See what good ideas we all come up with here and sharing is the best part !

Tick
  • Jun 22, 2010, 12:31 PM
    Kitkat22
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Yes, of course, it is better then Frebreeze that way ! See what good ideas we all come up with here and sharing is the best part !

tick

Wonder how it would work as underarm deodorant:eek:
  • Jun 22, 2010, 12:49 PM
    tickle
    Quote:

Wonder how it would work as underarm deodorant:eek:

:eek::eek::eek:
  • Jun 22, 2010, 12:54 PM
    Kitkat22
    Quote:

:eek::eek::eek:

Yeah... :D

I also spray Febreeze on my silk flowers and on the decorative towels in the bathrooms. Theres's so many uses... I sound like a commercial.:D
  • Jun 22, 2010, 01:03 PM
    tickle
    Quote:

Yeah...:D

I also spray Febreeze on my silk flowers and on the decorative towels in the bathrooms. Theres's so many uses....I sound like a commercial.:D

Maybe you should sell for Avon...
  • Jun 22, 2010, 01:11 PM
    Kitkat22
    Quote:

maybe you should sell for Avon.......

I tried once. Ended up with three bottles of skin so soft, two bottles of honeysuckle lotion and about five tubes of lipstick. Had to pay for them myself. Not one lipstick was in my shade either:(
  • Jun 22, 2010, 01:19 PM
    tickle
    Quote:

I tried once. Ended up with three bottles of skin so soft, two bottles of honeysuckle lotion and about five tubes of lipstick. Had to pay for them myself. Not one lipstick was in my shade either:(

They have some really good perfume lines now, one is very oriental and very nice. Here am I only buying Estee Lauder Pleasures Exotic at Sears for $90 plus tax CDN before the new HST; and I really like Avons new line. Years ago you sort of bought it under cover and not told anyone !

I ordered a lovely shrink top the other day in my colour, a sort of burnt orange and I think I woke her up with the telephone call ! She didn't sound very interested in taking my order and didn't thank me at all ! It is supposed to be here this week along with that new oriental fragrance... okay rambling kitty, on vacation for two weeks so you guys are stuck with me:eek:

A very relaxed tick right now (with a vodka and soda for my happy hour) ask me what I am cooking for dinner it is very morrocan and includes tiny lamb chops
  • Jun 22, 2010, 06:32 PM
    Kitkat22
    Quote:

They have some really good perfume lines now, one is very oriental and very nice. Here am I only buying Estee Lauder Pleasures Exotic at Sears for $90 plus tax CDN before the new HST; and I really like Avons new line. Years ago you sort of bought it under cover and not told anyone !

I ordered a lovely shrink top the other day in my colour, a sort of burnt orange and I think I woke her up with the telephone call ! She didnt sound very interested in taking my order and didnt thank me at all ! It is supposed to be here this week along with that new oriental fragrance....okay rambling kitty, on vacation for two weeks so you guys are stuck with me:eek:

a very relaxed tick right now (with a vodka and soda for my happy hour) ask me what I am cooking for dinner it is very morrocan and includes tiny lamb chops

Glad you're on vacation! Remember the old avon fragerance Sweet Honesty? Purple Passion lipstick?:eek: