Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   CD & DVD Drives (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=481)
-   -   Code 19 Troubles (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=280318)

• Nov 12, 2008, 09:16 PM
    Dj Artis
    Code 19 Troubles
    I Recently downloaded Nero 9 on my inspiron 531 desktop thereafter I
    Have been having problems with my CD/DVD drive my computer want recognize
    That it is even on,

Hell I even when out and got me a new one and would you believe the same thing occurred
    Something about code 19

WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!!
  • Nov 12, 2008, 09:22 PM
    Scleros
    Start with the You can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive... Microsoft Knowledgebase Article or contact Nero Support.
  • Nov 28, 2008, 02:04 PM
    netknight

Sounds to me like you registry could be corrupted... You might want to try cleaning it with a program like PC tools registry mechanic...
  • Nov 28, 2008, 09:06 PM
    seahwk83

Upperfilters/LowerFilters
    Follow method 2 on this link, if this does not resolve problem, the changes you may have made will not effect your computer operation in any way -
    You can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive, or you receive an error message after you remove a CD recording program or a DVD recording program in Windows XP: "error code 31"
  • Nov 30, 2008, 02:55 PM
    Clueless7

Seahawk,

I do not like this system because it wouldn't let me rate your fabulous answer to a similar question about my CD/DVD drives, nor will it let me respond to your post here. I already tried to write you about trying out your fix to my problem on the other thread (safemode... ), but am not sure you would have seen it.

So I'm going to just write here too. I finally tried your solution last night -- the one about disconnecting everything and pushing in the power button. I did it, although I didn't think I was doing it right.

IT WORKED! MY DRIVES WERE BACK ON THE LIST IN WINDOWS EXPLORER!

As I already said on the other thread, you are a GENIUS. Such a simple thing, but oh so effective. I am so glad to have those drives back. It is impossible to do effective computing without the use of the drives. I was possibly looking at replacing them, had this not worked.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

P.S. How can I get around the message I get when trying to rate your answer -- something about I have to spread the reputation around?
  • Nov 30, 2008, 11:57 PM
    Clueless7

DJ, go to the safemode thread and follow Seahawk's advice to me. It works. That is what I was talking about in my last post. Do this you might not have to do the registry thing -- maybe. I don't know why Seahawk didn't tell you the same thing about disconnecting everything and holding in the power button. Maybe your problem wasn't that similar, but it does sound like it. The only difference is that I didn't get an error message.
  • Dec 2, 2008, 01:36 PM
    seahwk83

Glad it all worked out.