Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Other Member Discussions (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=487)
-   -   How many times have we read this one? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=89245)

• May 4, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Lowtax4eva
    How many times have we read this one?
    Hi,

In this paragraph I'm going to introduce my problem and then quickly state the solution that should be correct, but this is not what I want to do. I want other solutions that don't exist.

Now I'm going to give more details about why I'm really mad at the person or thing that is the subject of my question and how unfair the situation seems to me. Than Im going to immediately talk about why the correct solution won't apply to me because my situation is, like, so totally different than anything anyone on earth has ever had to deal with.

I will end with a phrase stating that I urgently require this solution that doesn't exist and wait for my answer.
  • May 4, 2007, 01:54 PM
    shygrneyzs
    I would hate to tell you how many times I have seen that scenario and then the OP gets majorally p.o.'d at the answers because the answers make sense and that is not what the OP wants to have validated.
  • May 4, 2007, 01:58 PM
    Curlyben
    > Thought provoking discourse on the futility of teaching certain users the correct use of cognitive ability while dealing with deep and underlying failures in their continued communication with other denizens of this community. <
  • May 4, 2007, 02:36 PM
    Synnen
    <Frustrated and annoyed answer that the OP won't pay attention to but other people who think they understand the OP better than I will jump all over and yell at me about>
  • May 4, 2007, 02:58 PM
    RubyPitbull
    How about:

Here is a partial explanation of what is bothering me. What should I do?

Here are some additional questions. Please provide a bit more detail so that we can give you the proper guidance.

(reddie)*disagrees: What? Are you stupid or something! If I wanted to answer questions I wouldn't have asked for help. Since I know what I want, you should be able to determine through osmosis what I am talking about! I am never coming back here again. Why do you list yourselves as experts? You are stupid people. You can't read minds!
  • May 4, 2007, 03:37 PM
    1badchoice
    Perfectly put!
  • May 4, 2007, 04:02 PM
    Emland
    Is this where I defensively inflict insults to posters trying to help when they tell me what I don't want to hear?
  • May 4, 2007, 04:14 PM
    RubyPitbull
    Yup, Emmy.

By the way lowtax, forgot to give you kudos on your post. Well done!
  • May 5, 2007, 07:05 AM
    RickJ
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Curlyben
    > Thought provoking discourse on the futility of teaching certain users the correct use of cognitive ability while dealing with deep and underlying failures in their continued communication with other denizens of this community. <

Hehe curly should have been a psychiatrist :p
  • May 16, 2007, 05:04 AM
    tickle
    All of you are just wonderful and insightful (no I am not being facetious) I really mean it !
  • May 16, 2007, 05:12 AM
    Capuchin
    Mmmmm Knowledge through osmosis.
  • May 16, 2007, 06:41 AM
    RubyPitbull
    Definition #2 Cappy:

Os&#183;mo&#183;sis(z-mss, s-)
    n. pl. os&#183;mo&#183;ses (-sz)
    a. Diffusion of fluid through a semipermeable membrane from a solution with a low solute concentration to a solution with a higher solute concentration until there is an equal concentration of fluid on both sides of the membrane.
    b. The tendency of fluids to diffuse in such a manner.

2. A gradual, often unconscious process of assimilation or absorption: learned French by osmosis while residing in Paris for 15 years.
  • May 16, 2007, 06:42 AM
    Curlyben
    I find a good NON-Volatile Memory Adjuster works a lot better ;)
  • May 16, 2007, 06:46 AM
    NeedKarma
    Ruby,

It reminds me of the old university tactic of studying using osmosis: putting the textbook under your pillow and hoping the knowledges leeches into your brain overnight. :)
  • May 16, 2007, 06:50 AM
    RubyPitbull
    Exactly NK! Shouldn't we just be able to do that using our computer screens?
  • May 16, 2007, 07:17 AM
    Matt3046
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Ruby,

It reminds me of the old university tactic of studying using osmosis: putting the textbook under your pillow and hoping the knowledges leeches into your brain overnight. :)

I tried this and it hurt my neck. (it was a very large book)
  • May 16, 2007, 07:46 AM
    RubyPitbull
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Curlyben
    I find a good NON-Volatile Memory Adjuster works alot better ;)

What do you mean CB? I haven't been able to effectively do the "computer screen" method the OP expects from us that I described. What you are suggesting -- does it involve heavy drinking? I like the idea, but I find that it doesn't help my memory.;)
  • May 16, 2007, 07:49 AM
    Curlyben
    NVMA's come in various sizes; 3lb, 6lb and my fave the 12lb ;)
  • May 16, 2007, 07:53 AM
    LesaRyan04
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowtax4eva
    Hi,

In this paragraph im going to introduce my problem and then quickly state the solution that should be correct, but this is not what i want to do. I want other solutions that dont exist.

Now im going to give more details about why im really mad at the person or thing that is the subject of my question and how unfair the situation seems to me. Than Im going to immediately talk about why the correct solution wont apply to me because my situation is, like, so totally different than anything anyone on earth has ever had to deal with.

I will end with a phrase stating that i urgently require this solution that doesnt exist and wait for my answer.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha... how true, how true.
    Well, no one else could have gone through it... the person writing the complaint is original, just like everyone else.
  • May 16, 2007, 08:04 AM
    talaniman
    I don't mind the dumb questions, but does it take 3 posts in 3 categories to get 3 answers?