Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=488)
-   -   I'm going to be missing - (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=659395)

• May 11, 2012, 08:14 AM
    JudyKayTee
    I'm going to be missing -
    I don't know where to post this. I trust it will be moved somewhere else if this is not the place.

My husband was in a bad accident yesterday. My (step) daughter and (step) grandson were in the van with him.

He was trapped by his seatbelt, under his airbag, and suffered first and second degree burns trying t get out. The van had side sliding doors which didn't operate because of the fire, so he ripped the door off to get his daughter and grandson out, burning his face, hair, ears, eyebrows.

The van, needless to say, was a total loss.
  • May 11, 2012, 08:19 AM
    ballengerb1
    I am so sorry to hear this Judy. I pray everyone will be OK.
  • May 11, 2012, 08:37 AM
    Curlyben
    Ouch.
    Here's wishing everyone involved a speedy recovery..
  • May 11, 2012, 08:42 AM
    J_9
    OMG Judy! I'm so sorry. Happy to hear the van was a total loss rather than the family.

How are your step-daughter and step-grandson?
  • May 11, 2012, 08:55 AM
    LadySam
    I wish your hero husband a speedy recovery and will keep your family in my thoughts.
    Bless you and all who are affected by this.
  • May 11, 2012, 01:40 PM
    tomder55
    Sad to hear this. I want to echo LadySam's observation on the heroic nature of his actions . All my prayers for a speedy recovery
  • May 11, 2012, 01:49 PM
    odinn7
    Wow... so sorry to hear this. I will keep all of you in my thoughts.
  • May 11, 2012, 02:30 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    Sorry to hear, our prayers will be with you
  • May 12, 2012, 03:48 AM
    JudyKayTee
    Stepdaughter fine, grandson can't stop talking about the firetrucks.

My husband has third degree burns. A plastic surgeon is being called in on Monday.

The van, of course, is a total loss. The adjuster didn't even bother making the trip to look at it.

I'm told my husband is at risk of pneumonia and infection, including staph, but so far he's responding well to the antibiotics.

Stuff can be replaced. For a few minutes there I thought I'd lost the most important thing in my life - again.
  • May 12, 2012, 03:57 AM
    J_9
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Judy. Praying for a speedy recovery for your husband.
  • May 12, 2012, 06:33 PM
    cdad
    Your in my prayers and I hope things work out for the best for everyone. Hang in there while your on this ride. I know life can get bumpy.
  • May 12, 2012, 07:41 PM
    LisaB4657
    I'm very sorry to hear this. I hope his recovery is fast and easy. Hang in there.
  • May 12, 2012, 07:54 PM
    Alty
    You're all in my prayers. Judy, you all have an angel watching out for you. Wonder who that could be. I think you know.

I'm so sorry you all have to go through this. Your husband is a hero! When push came to shove, he found the strength to save those he loves. That is something that thankfully most people don't have to face, but when he was faced with it, he showed who he is.

I wish him a speedy recovery, and I send hugs to you. I know what you've been through in your life, and I'm happy that you don't have to deal with that again. Hoping you never will.

Love you.
  • Jun 13, 2012, 12:30 AM
    joypulv
    My best wishes too, to one of my favorite people. Please let us know soon how he is doing, and how you are.
  • Jun 13, 2012, 12:04 PM
    smearcase
    We will be praying for all of you and hoping to have you back soon.
  • Jun 13, 2012, 12:34 PM
    JudyKayTee
    I am back - it's been a difficult time, and I SO appreciate the kind words. He is going to need grafting.

It's been difficult.